This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Making a couple of "Gyms" they should be ready by the end of the year

#1omega bahumatPosted 10/30/2013 9:17:45 AM
The goal is to have some fun with a semi-premade team (there may be 1 or 2 alternates per team) of pokemon based on type/theme.

What I mean by "based" is that certain pokemon may appear in the gym despite lacking that typing so long as they fit the description.

Example:

Beedril is a bug/poison pokemon that clearly flies.

For the purpose of these gyms I will also not be allowing legendaries, they will all be level capped, EV trained and thoroughbred so it will actually be a challenge.

I'm making this topic for ideas. I'm also willing to explore the idea of having a banned list for the gyms because of certain pokemon (Looking at you blaziken) can completely annihilate certain gyms without issue due to their power issues.

The gyms I'm currently constructing are:
Shellfish Badge
Crawdaunt
Cloyster
Kingler
Clawitzer
Omastar
Kabutops
Slowbro/King

Fossil Badge:
Fossil Pokemon, Tropius and other dinosaurs

Legendary Badge
Psuedo-Legendaries
Arcanine
Rare pokemon like Rotom

Evolution Badge
All Eeveelutions, This is a personal one that I will be doing if we create our own league. Mostly because I already have a team of Female perfect IV'd and EV trained Eevee's named after the Sailor Scouts =)

Due to the nature of this idea, I am also open to the idea of creating our own league for others to join/explore as well as having disciples for people to fight before facing the gym leaders as well as having an Elite Four and Champion. As this is for fun, I'd ask anyone who would like to participate to understand fun is what the goal is not just trying to use whatever you find 'op' or what have you. If this proves to be an issue, we can restrict how many pokemon each person may use until the Gym Leader battle if we decide on that.
#2The Dark BladePosted 10/30/2013 9:23:32 AM
i considered such a thing myself, I have alot of steel types i use. Maybe i could be the Steel leader
---
3DS Friend Code:1891-1944-5575
ACNL:Ryuseii- Town: Tempest,Pokemon X:Mawile,Dedenne,Floette Safari
#3nimatoda666Posted 10/30/2013 9:26:34 AM
Thats a really cool idea! Bump for support!
#4omega bahumat(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 9:26:37 AM
Make sure to include some "off pokemon" just to prevent the issues ingame gyms have.

Some good off steel types IMO would be like Porygon or Conkledurr (since he's into consturction). Rotom would be a good include too.
#5jokrayzPosted 10/30/2013 9:27:24 AM
dark gym?
---
3DS FC: 0576 4831 1350
#6chumpykalamoonaPosted 10/30/2013 9:27:38 AM
I've always wanted to do something like this, because I've always thought themed teams are really cool.
I hope you have good luck doing this and maybe getting more people involved. But I know with how slow I am at playing, I'd never be ready to do anything of the sort at any reasonable speed. I've still got a long way to go to even get ready to start serious breeding.
But this is still something that greatly interests me, and I'd love to hear progress on it and such.
---
Are you okay!? BUSTAH WULF!
#7SamusmusPosted 10/30/2013 9:30:10 AM
You could go do random matches and change your profile message to tell people they're facing a gym leader.
---
3ds fc: 3909-7508-3713 Friend Safari- Audino, Chansey and Aipom
NNID&3DSname: Draquoir
#8omega bahumat(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 9:30:15 AM
chumpykalamoona posted...
I've always wanted to do something like this, because I've always thought themed teams are really cool.
I hope you have good luck doing this and maybe getting more people involved. But I know with how slow I am at playing, I'd never be ready to do anything of the sort at any reasonable speed. I've still got a long way to go to even get ready to start serious breeding.
But this is still something that greatly interests me, and I'd love to hear progress on it and such.

I work close to 60 hours a week, which is why this League will be ready within the next two months.

My hope is to get enough people involved to create our own League so when the pokebank launches we can all enjoy bringing over all the pokemon and choose from any of the 700 that are available (minus legendaries of course).

I see nothing wrong with a Dark Gym. Like I said though, try and include some that aren't "Dark Type" but are "evil" like Gengar.
#9Harvestboy777Posted 10/30/2013 9:32:12 AM
I would love to participate as the dark type leader!
---
"...plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world 'No, you move.' "
#10omega bahumat(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 9:32:19 AM
Samusmus posted...
You could go do random matches and change your profile message to tell people they're facing a gym leader.

Ruins the fun IMO

Plus rando matches are a nightmare rightnow with everyone using Legendaries, Blaziken (mega or otherwise with Speed Boost) or abusing Double Team.

Most hilarious one I saw was a DT sandveil Garchomp

haha20% chance to hit it, I'm pretty sure it had the accuracy item too