This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Top 10 best, and top 10 worst pokemon, and generation analysis

#1Nil_NuanePosted 10/30/2013 12:14:56 PM
My top 10 pokemon

10. Sceptile
9. Lanturn
8. Jolteon
7. Yveltal
6. Froslass
5. Gliscor
4. Breloom
3. Murkrow
2. Lugia
1. Kyogre

Top 10 worst

10. Voltorb/Electrode
9. Aromatisse/Slurpuff
8. Kling line
7. Lickilicky
6. Garbodor
5. Dedenne
4. Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus (base forms)
3. Jynx
2. Pignite/Emboar
1. Binacle

So let's see, gen1 has 1 of my favorite pokemon, and 2 of my least favorite. I'm only counting ties as 1 pokemon, because I dislike them for the same reason.
Gen 2 has 3 of my favorite, and none of my least favorite.
Gen 3 has 3 of my favorite, and none of my least favorite.
Gen 4 has 2 of my favorite, and 1 of my least favorite.
Gen 5 has none of my favorite, though there are 2 that are close, and a whopping 4 of my least favorite.
Gen 6 has 1 of my favorite, and 3 of my least favorite.

So according to this, gens 2-3 are my favorite in terms of pokemon design, with a steady decrease with gen 5 being the nadir, and gen 6 being a bit better. Somewhat accurate of my overall opinion, though would be far more accurate if i did like my top/worst 50, though that would take a while...

Please contribute if you have the time. Feel free to do more or less than 10 pokes if you're high/low on time. I kind of want to see the general opinion on the trend of pokemon designs.
---
We had divine sense... To know what to say
Mind is a razorblade
#2pikangiePosted 10/30/2013 12:17:22 PM
For me, I think I mostly like Hoenn and Kalos Pokemon so far.
Of course, my #1 is Jigglypuff, which is Kanto originally.
---
ACNL QR Codes: http://pikangie.tumblr.com/
3DS Friendcode: 4597-0805-4383
#3BeenaboPosted 10/30/2013 12:31:13 PM
Favourites:

Corsola
Tepig
Gyarados
Steelix
Kyogre
Wailord
Girafarig
Mamoswine
Hippowdon
Hydreigon

Worst:

Lombre
Bunnelby
Nuzleaf
Magmortar
Glameow
Purrloin
Lumineon
Probopass
Gible
Gurdurr
---
Friend code 4210 4049 3373
Friend Safari Pokemon - Krabby, Gyarados and Azumarill Gameboy is my in game name.
#4BeenaboPosted 10/30/2013 12:33:57 PM
I don't think I've had much time to form a huge opinion on the new ones yet but I'm sure I will. I just know inhale Bunnelby and Diggersby. For me, they look like generic rabbit enemies from something like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.

But top will always be Corsola :)
---
Friend code 4210 4049 3373
Friend Safari Pokemon - Krabby, Gyarados and Azumarill Gameboy is my in game name.
#5SaiyanShadowPosted 10/30/2013 12:43:53 PM
My top picks are from my favorites list, so they're mostly based on aesthetics, a few of them on in-game team experience. My least favorites are based only on aesthetics. These are in no particular order.

Top Pokemon: Charizard, Mewtwo, Ampharos, Umbreon, Lugia, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Linoone, Cubone, Grovyle

Worst Pokemon: Stunfisk, Dunsparce, Bidoof, Conkeldurr, Medicham, Jynx, Palkia, Kyurem, Arceus, Roggenrola

As far as Pokemon design, I enjoyed the art upgrade in Gen 3 but was wary of how complicated the legendaries were starting to look. The Gen 4 legendaries were even worse, and Gen 5 legendaries weren't much better. Admittedly it's easy to focus on the legendaries to judge aesthetics since the box art focuses on them. Gen 6 legendaries are still a little messed up looking but I have been enjoying some of their other designs.

It's hard to say which is my most/least favorite Gen is in terms of aesthetics since I don't typically focus on that when judging a game. I definitely thought Gen 4 and 5 were weaker and Gen 6 is an improvement. Between Gen 1, 2, and 3 I couldn't pick which has the best Pokemon designs overall without looking at every Pokemon.
#6Nil_Nuane(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 10:17:03 PM
^ Thanks for the in-depth response. It seems like your least favorite gens overall were 4 and 5. I'm kind of curious, what are your favorites from.those gens? And what do you think of pokes like say, floatzel and scolipede?

Overall it seems like gen 2 has the least amount of worst pokemon, which I find at once pretty interesting yet unsurprising. Other than the occasional qwilfish, and even less occasional pineco and remoraid, gen 2 seems the most uncontroversial.

Gen 3 is getting a bit more prevalence on the worst lists than I thought. And I'm.somewhat surprised by the lack of gen 6 pokemon: either you guys haven't formed your judgements yet or maybe my opinion is somewhat unpopular . What do you guys think of the ones of my list, say binacle/dedenne/and the fairies? Anyone care to defend them?
---
We had divine sense... To know what to say
Mind is a razorblade