This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So there are 5 power plants in Kalos?

#1Unown_201Posted 10/30/2013 4:45:38 PM
I have seen people mention that there are 3 power plants that can't be accessed, but there are actually 4, bringing the total to 5.

3 on the right of the Lumiose Badlands, and 2 on the left.

The one we visit is the top left facility and collects microwaves generated from solar energy by a facility in space.

The bottom left seems to be a large multi-floor hydroponics plant, probably creating fuel from biomass.

On the right are from top to bottom:

A raised platform with domes, not sure what this is, but it could be an anaerobic digestion plant.
A facility that seems to be surrounded by volcanic vents, so probably using geothermal energy.
Wind turbines

It seems as though a lot of thought and design went into these, but nothing happens with them...

One theory I read was that they related to a legendary trio, but that was based on there only being 3, not 4 inaccessible facilities.

Any thoughts?
#2KagizakiPosted 10/30/2013 4:46:55 PM
Future mystery gift events will probably give out keys to those areas and harbor new quests/event legendaries.
---
Delicately-elementalist
Fiercely-Fspitfire
#3Dark_ZoroarkPosted 10/30/2013 4:53:37 PM
What if there something inside besides legendaries?
---
FC: FC: 1633-4315-8950
#4INF3CT3D_HAZMATPosted 10/30/2013 5:06:39 PM
Dark_Zoroark posted...

3 new legends are known so for sure 3 of them will be in each room,and one or two of the rooms thats left over will probably have held items for those legends to boost their ability or something i can be wrong but its just a guess :D
---
Psn:INF3CT3D_HAZMAT
3ds FC-1134 8056 7656 Pokemon X&Y-Trainer name:Suzuki
#5Unown_201(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 5:08:20 PM
Dark_Zoroark posted...

There is probably more to it than just legendaries. For a start they all appear to by renewable energy plants. They don't appear to be either using fossil fuels or nuclear, or even pokemon...

Could there be some reason behind this?

Also, having 4 different facilities just for legendaries seems a lot. Even if some are for this, it is unlikely all 4 are.

If they were legendaries, what types could they be? Most likely dual types that are all part electric.

The anaerobic digestion plant could be poison/electric
The geothermal fire/electric
The wind turbines flying/electric?
The hydroponics grass/electric

That is a lot of event pokemon though...
#6MegaDuranPosted 10/30/2013 5:10:19 PM
Unown_201 posted...
Dark_Zoroark posted...

There is probably more to it than just legendaries. For a start they all appear to by renewable energy plants. They don't appear to be either using fossil fuels or nuclear, or even pokemon...

Could there be some reason behind this?

europe likes new energy sources?

also, we only have three closed doors so we'll only get into three plants max.

and most likely, they will be single rooms with one pokemon.

yes, the lava dome pokemon they talk about in the city might live in one of those
---
3DS: 3351-5468-4271
#7Hirokey123Posted 10/30/2013 5:11:17 PM
One of the event pokemon or a new pokemon they have planned to release from that unknown region might actually change form. And if so then perhaps these new rooms are for them to change form? I could see these as being form changing rooms a lot easier than I could to them each holding a legendary pokemon.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#8Unown_201(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 5:19:16 PM
MegaDuran posted...

also, we only have three closed doors so we'll only get into three plants max.

There are 4 locked doors, 3 on the right and 1 on the left, below the plat we go to. I think people miss this 4th one.
#9SIrcactusPosted 10/30/2013 5:20:54 PM
Or... Maybe GF is just trying to mess with us. lol
---
3DS FC: 1779 0016 5677
XBL Gamertag: Sircactus
#10Megaman OmegaPosted 10/31/2013 10:07:44 AM
HOENN CONFIRMED INSIDE POWER PLANT!
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1