This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When to evolve Doublade into Aegislash? And general tips?

#1Frost_RyansPosted 10/30/2013 4:36:03 PM
I notice their base stats are quite a bit different from one another... or rather from Aegislash's two forms anyway. I'm not really sure how to use him anymore. I has started out with a Brave 252 ATK 252 HP because apparently you want to have his SPD as low as possible... Can someone explain to me why that is? Also is the only way to get King's Shield through the move tutor since he doesn't learn it through leveling as Aegislash?
---
There are very few conflicts in the world that are truly between good and evil; rather, they are between two different interpretations of what is good.
#2meestermjPosted 10/30/2013 4:38:16 PM
You want to be super slow so that things hit you first, while you're in Shield Form. That way you can attack AFTER them, then use priority King's Shield to go back to Shield after attacking.
---
pokemon White FC: 2022 0983 2469
#3SirPikachuPosted 10/30/2013 4:38:28 PM
Evolve him after Iron Head. He can re-learn everything after that.

To use him you want to go last to take hits in shield form, then you can switch over and hit hard in attack form. King's Shield switches him back and protects him.
---
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.
#4Frost_Ryans(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 4:39:18 PM
So when should I evolve to Aegislash?
---
There are very few conflicts in the world that are truly between good and evil; rather, they are between two different interpretations of what is good.
#5MrAtIasPosted 10/30/2013 4:40:02 PM
You want Aegislash to have low speed so that the opponent attacks him first while he's in Shield form. If you attack before your opponent, you change to Sword form which has significantly lower defense stats and will pretty much get 1HKO'd by any neutral attack ever.

After you attack, use King's Shield to get back into Shield form while scouting out for stuff like Earthquake before attacking again.

It doesn't matter when you evolve Doublade. As long as it learns Shadow Sneak and perhaps King's Sword, you'll be golden.
---
Safari: Skarmory, Ferroseed, and Excadrill. FC: 3351-4630-6995. If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back ASAP :)
#6Frost_Ryans(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 4:40:24 PM
SirPikachu posted...

To use him you want to go last to take hits in shield form, then you can switch over and hit hard in attack form. King's Shield switches him back and protects him.

Oh okay got it. What is the best final moveset for him then?
---
#7J_AppleiPosted 10/30/2013 4:40:27 PM
Kings Shield is a priority move so it'll always go first and it'll be in shield form so it's defenses are really high. You want his speed as low as possible because you want it to be in shield Form when I. Takes damage. The cycle is:

Atk>Kings Shield>Atk>Kings Shield>Atk...
And so on. It's also good to dance up with swords dance to make him an awesome sweeper.
---
I don't give a FAQ.
Applei 3DS: 3737-9612-2086
#8meestermjPosted 10/30/2013 4:41:31 PM
Also, he doesn't evolve by leveling. You have to use a Dusk Stone. Lotta people prefer to evolve him at 51 once he learns Sacred Sword.
---
pokemon White FC: 2022 0983 2469
#9Jahozafat117Posted 10/30/2013 4:43:23 PM
MrAtIas posted...
You want Aegislash to have low speed so that the opponent attacks him first while he's in Shield form. If you attack before your opponent, you change to Sword form which has significantly lower defense stats and will pretty much get 1HKO'd by any neutral attack ever.

After you attack, use King's Shield to get back into Shield form while scouting out for stuff like Earthquake before attacking again.

It doesn't matter when you evolve Doublade. As long as it learns Shadow Sneak and perhaps King's Sword, you'll be golden.

Is King's Sword a new move I never heard about before? Last I checked the optimal moveset for Aegislash was:
Swords Dance
King's Shield
Shadow Sneak
Sacred Sword
---
If it's worth doing, it's worth over doing!
There is no kill like Overkill.
#10J_AppleiPosted 10/30/2013 4:44:59 PM(edited)
Frost_Ryans posted...
SirPikachu posted...

Oh okay got it. What is the best final moveset for him then?

Haha Iron Head... Sure it's a STAB but Sacred Sword is much better. It covers Rock and Ice as well as Steel, and the best part is it ignores evasion/defense boosts that the foe has done. So even when you're going against an opponent with a maxed out Double Team and Cotton Guard, Sacred Sword will still have a 100% Acc and 90 BP. The only thing it doesn't cover is Fairy Types but Aegislash resists it anyway so it'll be no problem...

Tl;dr final moveset is:

Sacred Sword
Shadow Sneak
Swords Dance
Kings Shield
---
I don't give a FAQ.
Applei 3DS: 3737-9612-2086