This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you rather stealth rocks get nerfed or...

#1Ubergrim3Posted 10/31/2013 2:15:05 AM
every other non-normal type move like it get SE effects on types weak to it?

Like, toxic spikes does toxic damage with only one set of spikes on fairies and grass types. Leech seed does double damage and absorb to water, ground, and rock... I can't think of any others right now, it's late.

Eh? Ehhhhh? Purely hypothetical, I don't actually mind stealth rocks much.
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx
#2Reginleif20Posted 10/31/2013 2:22:09 AM
SR nerf. I like how it controls things like Volcarona but it screwed too many Pokemon
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#3rojsePosted 10/31/2013 2:30:38 AM
Reginleif20 posted...
SR nerf. I like how it controls things like Volcarona but it screwed too many Pokemon

Please explain what pokemon aren't used solely because of a weakness to Stealth Rock, rather than other glaring deficiencies in that pokemon's movepool, stats, or typing.
#4ZaharadinePosted 10/31/2013 2:55:27 AM
rojse posted...
Reginleif20 posted...

Please explain what pokemon aren't used solely because of a weakness to Stealth Rock, rather than other glaring deficiencies in that pokemon's movepool, stats, or typing.

Scyther would be perfectly viable if it didn,t lose 50% health to stealth rock, at least with Gen 5 move tutor support. Scizor would still be better most of the time, but Scyther still has technician, plenty to abuse with it, and good stats.
#5DogscratchPosted 10/31/2013 5:15:41 AM
Zaharadine posted...
rojse posted...
Reginleif20 posted...

Scyther would be perfectly viable if it didn,t lose 50% health to stealth rock, at least with Gen 5 move tutor support. Scizor would still be better most of the time, but Scyther still has technician, plenty to abuse with it, and good stats.

I don't normally bother posting on any of these "Which is better, or lets debate some arbitrary rule, or nerf this, or hack that" but..

Scyther - LOLWUT?

100 less BST
Far inferior set of resistances
5 weaknesses instead of 1?
---
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding
#6Lord_XandrosPosted 10/31/2013 5:38:38 AM
I'd rather more options to get rid of it, besides rapid spin and haze.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrraveygravy/
#7Cheese_CrackersPosted 10/31/2013 5:41:02 AM
I hate the idea of Stealth Rock.

Hey guys, let's make the game more dangerous for Pokemon weak to rock for no reason at all! :D It's not like almost every team has a rock attack on it already! Good plan! Great discussion everyone. Raises all around.
---
Though the fear of death is a common one, the fear of life is a more rational one.
#8Alexoneill77777Posted 10/31/2013 5:41:07 AM
Dogscratch posted...
Zaharadine posted...
rojse posted...
Reginleif20 posted...

I don't normally bother posting on any of these "Which is better, or lets debate some arbitrary rule, or nerf this, or hack that" but..

Scyther - LOLWUT?

100 less BST

Scyther is much faster than Scizor and they have exactly the same BST.
---
FC- 3754 7190 4070
I hate gold watering cans so much you don't even know
#9BelligeroPosted 10/31/2013 5:41:17 AM
Eviolite Sword Dance Roost scyther is pretty beast
---
3DS FC: 0061-0937-1910
#10TaiphlosionPosted 10/31/2013 5:42:40 AM
Dogscratch posted...
Zaharadine posted...
rojse posted...
Reginleif20 posted...

Scyther - LOLWUT?

100 less BST

Scyther and Scizor have the same BST.
---
I'm tired of everyone I know, of everyone I see, on the streets and on TV.