This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can you not pet ice type pokemon in amie?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Can you not pet ice type pokemon in amie?
2 years ago#1
I was trying to pet IcyU (my Cryogonal) but the hand kept freezing and becoming immobile lol. IcyU would also have ? Marks hover over it's head it was sad lol
---
Females are the greatest beings in the universe!!!
Users who agree: TWENTY-ONE!
2 years ago#2
You have to have a pokemon with flame body in the same party to counter the ice, otherwise your trainer catches on freeze.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
2 years ago#3
Slayn posted...
You have to have a pokemon with flame body in the same party to counter the ice, otherwise your trainer catches on freeze.

Wait, so you just need an Ice Body pokemon to pet Slugma?
2 years ago#4
Ok interesting lol
---
2 years ago#5
I think Cryogonal is just the Ice type's equivalent of Slugma in that it can't be touched at all (And no, having something with Flame Body doesn't do anything).

I'm kind of surprised Rotom isn't the same.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937
3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291
(edited 0 seconds ago)
2 years ago#6
KillerMechanoid posted...
Slayn posted...

That's a good question. I'm not sure if he's joking or not, though.

I do know I was able to touch Aururus without my hand freezing (except for if I touched those little ice crystals), so I assume its just when you touch pure ice that you freeze. Ice types like Aururus, Jynx, Articuno and Dewgong are likely exempt from the "No touching" rule. That said, you probably shouldn't be touching Jynx anyway...
---
3DS Friend Code: 5043 1777 9788
Safari pokemon: Grumpig, Girafarig, Woboffet. PM me if you add me.
2 years ago#7
Gameandwatch2 posted...
I think Cryogonal is just the Ice type's equivalent of Slugma in that it can't be touched at all (And no, having something with Flame Body doesn't do anything).

I'm kind of surprised Rotom isn't the same.

Ok lol so that guy was lying?

I went to pet my Chandelure right after and had no problems. Except I don't think I tried touching the fire lol
---
2 years ago#8
Nevermind.

There are spots you can touch it without getting frozen, which are the top left and top right protrusions on its body.

It likes being touched on one of them, but dislikes the other.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937
3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291
2 years ago#9
I've been wondering how the player can pet Gastly: it's a ball of gas/spirit stuff...>_>
---
If life gives you lemons, sell 'em to Tom Nook.
Black 2 FC: 0132-9980-0476, 3DS FC: 5284-2520-2972 (Pokemon IGN: Aki)
2 years ago#10
Tali_Zorah posted...
KillerMechanoid posted...
Slayn posted...

That's a good question. I'm not sure if he's joking or not, though.

I do know I was able to touch Aururus without my hand freezing (except for if I touched those little ice crystals), so I assume its just when you touch pure ice that you freeze. Ice types like Aururus, Jynx, Articuno and Dewgong are likely exempt from the "No touching" rule. That said, you probably shouldn't be touching Jynx anyway...

Ok interesting. So I probably can't touch Avalugg? But Beartic would be ok, except maybe the beard lol. What's wrong with Jynx?
---
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Can you not pet ice type pokemon in amie?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived