This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to transfer my surfing pikachu from pokemon yellow to pokemon X

#41jayman7Posted 10/31/2013 6:23:23 PM
ReachOutToTruth posted...
I'm sure someone with WAY too much time on their hands could probably develop a homebrew GBA game that acts as a Gen1/2 pokeconverter/waypoint for transporting Pokemon to the Gen 3 games.

They'd need to develop a connection method between Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games, too; there's no existing cable that works with both.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#42LyokoNinjaPosted 10/31/2013 6:24:04 PM
ReachOutToTruth posted...
I'm sure someone with WAY too much time on their hands could probably develop a homebrew GBA game that acts as a Gen1/2 pokeconverter/waypoint for transporting Pokemon to the Gen 3 games.

They'd have to factor in the fact that stat experience could be used to max all 6 stats instead of EVs maxing only two with 4 points left over.
#43Master_BassPosted 11/1/2013 10:06:51 AM
LyokoNinja posted...
I never said I traded between a GBA and GB(C) game. I said I traded between a Pokemon Red Version cartridge and a Pokemon Blue Version cartridge using two separate GBA SP systems with a cable I am unable to identify. I've provided pictures of the cable, including the odd box in the center and it plugging into my GBA SP. My brother gave his away, but I still have a Gameboy Player for my GameCube if the need for a video arises.

Pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/rnFGFLg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FsME4XS.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/46ByUrg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/F42PUnI.jpg

I had a gold and a purple one of those. I don't recall if they worked in a GBA, but I don't doubt you. I know I also had a cable that had a switch in the middle to make it work for GB games and GBA games.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#44FurioPosted 11/1/2013 10:08:42 AM
felica posted...
Isn't there a surfing Pikachu event in gen 3 or 4 though?

I seem to remember the pedometer offering them. The problem: surf is an HM AAAAAH. Can't be traded or transferred.
#45GastroFanPosted 11/1/2013 10:23:18 AM
felica posted...
Wait gen 5 had a flychu event??? About to hack one

There was a Pikachu handed out in Japan for fifth generation that knows Fly; you can always ask for it on the trade boards. And there were a couple of Japanese event Pikachus that knew Surf as well but they were for fourth generation (D/P/Pl; HG/SS). You couldn't transfer the 4th gen. Pikachus without taking Surf off however since it's a HM that Pikachu doesn't normally learn.
#46Oak_TeaPosted 11/1/2013 10:40:14 AM
1. The GBC and the GBA COULD interact with each other via link cable. I've done it before, and I know this for a fact. I've traded between Gold and Silver using a link cable with Silver in my GBC and Gold in my GBA.

2. The reason 2nd gen is incompatible with 3rd gen is because of the change in the data structures/how Pokemon were "formatted". I thought this was common knowledge, and I have no idea where this "you can't connect GBC to GBA" thing came from.

3. If you want a Surfing Pikachu, find someone who has a Pokewalker with the Pikachu Forest area (or whatever). They can still catch Surfing Pikachus. They can trade one over to your Gen 4 game, which you can transfer to Gen 5. The transfer to Gen 6 will have to wait until Pokebank comes out, though.
---
Now playing: Pokemon X
#47Master_BassPosted 11/1/2013 11:01:32 AM
Oak_Tea posted...
3. If you want a Surfing Pikachu, find someone who has a Pokewalker with the Pikachu Forest area (or whatever). They can still catch Surfing Pikachus. They can trade one over to your Gen 4 game, which you can transfer to Gen 5. The transfer to Gen 6 will have to wait until Pokebank comes out, though.

That won't work as others have said. You can't transfer Pokemon that know HM moves between Gen 4 and 5. You have to get rid of the HM move first.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.