This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Electivire?

#1Caolan_2k9Posted 11/1/2013 5:00:28 AM
How good is electivire at his full potential? Is he viable?
#2SorceressTharjaPosted 11/1/2013 5:03:08 AM
He hasn't ever been good. Overrated, yes. Good, no.
#3SurvivorTypePosted 11/1/2013 5:09:03 AM
It's a slightly worse, physical version of Jolteon. I enjoy using it in the UU Tier with the Motor Drive ability.
---
You either eat the world, or the world eats you. Either way, it's okay.
#4Caolan_2k9(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 5:09:14 AM
Why isn't he good though?
#5SurvivorTypePosted 11/1/2013 5:13:11 AM
Because it's stats are outclassed by other Electric types that fill the same role as it does on a team, notably Jolteon. It's movepool isn't that great either, with it's best choice for an Electric attack being Wild Charge, compared to Jolteon's Thunderbolt (or Thunder, if on a rain team). It can learn a few tricky moves to deal with checks and counters though, such as Ice Punch to deal with Ground types. It's best set-up also involves holding an Air Balloon, which is kinda situational.
---
You either eat the world, or the world eats you. Either way, it's okay.
#6MaruKazeryuPosted 11/1/2013 5:16:38 AM
pretty sure he very briefly dominated the 4th gen OU metagame

it was very shortly before I stepped into it, put one in my team, and got laughed at horribly for it because my team was entirely ruined solely by the inclusion of Electivire, which turned me off "rate my team" threads forever
---
4639-9811-6534 -Pokemon X/Y Friend Code. PM if you add. Trainer name: Marii
Friend Safari: Grumpig, Sigilyph, Girafarig
#7Caolan_2k9(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 5:16:58 AM
Okay I understand. Pretty much anything electivire can do, another electric type can do better...
I'm going to play around with him anyway and see how he fairs against different teams.
Thanks.
#8LORD_ALLISTERPosted 11/1/2013 5:24:41 AM
Caolan_2k9 posted...
Okay I understand. Pretty much anything electivire can do, another electric type can do better...
I'm going to play around with him anyway and see how he fairs against different teams.
Thanks.

Same here,I just love that Pokemon
---
BigMarks 3DS FC: 3539-9303-0724 E4 cleared PM If U Added Me
Posted Using GameFlux App
#9Adam_AcePosted 11/1/2013 5:29:38 AM
SurvivorType posted...
It's a slightly worse, physical version of Jolteon. I enjoy using it in the UU Tier with the Motor Drive ability.

He is way better than Jolteon thanks to his colossal move pool and high ATK stat. Never underestimate a well built Electivire.
#10Caolan_2k9(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 5:32:13 AM(edited)
His movepool is what got me interested, he can have ice punch, wild charge, earthquake and flamethrower. That's a pretty damn varied movepool and he has a high attack stat & speed to get rid of some threats quickly and effectively.
But then again I haven't got to test this out myself so...