This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did the Pokemon community forget there are 60+ new Pokemon?

#1EricxcPosted 11/1/2013 8:18:46 AM
Because going by online battles and not including Mega evolutions... it doesn't seem like people realized new pokemon exist.
---
:3
#2RX02BansheePosted 11/1/2013 8:20:10 AM
Most of the new Pokemon are crap, that's why. And when I say crap I mean stat wise. For once Gamefreak didn't go all "WE MUST MAKE THESE STRONGER THAN THE PREVIOUS ONES!!!"
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
XY > HGSS > DPPT > BW > RSE > FRLG > BW2 > GSC > RBY
#3Tenchu_MasterLDPosted 11/1/2013 8:20:15 AM
I forget there are new Pokemons after G/S/C
---
3DS FC: 3136 - 8014 - 6691
#4code_kirinPosted 11/1/2013 8:20:20 AM
The only new Pokemon are Aegislash and Klefki.
---
Pokemon Y FC: 1134-7624-5851
#5SupaShigPosted 11/1/2013 8:20:28 AM
Smogon doesn't tell people how to play with new pokemon yet so all of the sheep haven't moved on from last gen yet because they can't think for themselves.
#6TerradriusPosted 11/1/2013 8:20:45 AM
Ericxc posted...
Because going by online battles and not including Mega evolutions... it doesn't seem like people realized new pokemon exist.

Well, there's always Aegislash.
---
Pokemon X Friend Code: 3265-5262-3517 - Adam
#7Deathsword00Posted 11/1/2013 8:21:04 AM
Almost all of them are garbage, competitive-wise. Poor stats, poor typings, and limited movepools have really plagued this generation. There are probably only 4-5 new Pokemon that can even compete with what we've already got and even those aren't too impressive.
---
Yes.
#8Great_ReapettePosted 11/1/2013 8:21:45 AM
Terradrius posted...
Ericxc posted...

Well, there's always Aegislash.

And Talonflame.

Gale Wings everywhere.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#9Ericxc(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 8:25:31 AM
SupaShig posted...
Smogon doesn't tell people how to play with new pokemon yet so all of the sheep haven't moved on from last gen yet because they can't think for themselves.

I'm inclined to believe this just based on the last match I had...

Started with Avalugg vs their Mega Garchomp
Avalugg feels nothing and OHKO's Garchomp
Blaziken comes out, Avalugg feels nothing and OHKO's Blaziken
Togekiss comes out, Avalugg survives just enough to Avalanche it and win.
---
:3
#10MogKnightAzurePosted 11/1/2013 8:28:39 AM
Deathsword00 posted...
Almost all of them are garbage, competitive-wise. Poor stats, poor typings, and limited movepools have really plagued this generation. There are probably only 4-5 new Pokemon that can even compete with what we've already got and even those aren't too impressive.

Talonflame, Aegislash, Klefki, Greninja, Goodra, Hawlucha, Vivillon... the thing is, there hasn't really been enough usage behind these pokemon to determine whether or not they're usable. This is just a short list of what is currently pretty good so far. Talonflame has the strongest priority in the game now, Aegislash is effectively a 50/150/150/150/150/50 pokemon with swords dance, priority, and a pretty impressive unique typing, Greninja constantly shifts it's type to match its attacks, giving it STAB on anything it can learn and making it tricky to hit SE. Goodra looks promising at least from a special wall point of view but could have used some better moves. Hawlucha is waiting on flying gem. Vivillon is the fastest 'sure-sleep' user with a 97% accurate Sleep Powder (yeah its not 100% but I mean.. if that is an actual risk to you...) with access to STAB accurate hurricane outside of rain, quiver dance, and STAB Bug Buzz which now goes through subs.

Give it a little more time, there's plenty to work with in Gen 6.
---
3DS FC: 2423-3095-6556