This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bad Egg/Mystery Zone Egg Clarification.

#1perfectchaos83Posted 11/1/2013 6:50:08 PM
These are NOT caused by hackers. It is just a Glitch that seems to be involved with Wonder Trade.

THIS WAS DOCUMENTED THE DAY THE GAME CAME OUT LONG BEFORE ANY HACKS WERE DISCOVERED OR DOCUMENTED
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67476139
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjsySmLeBS0
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67486372

Here is a simple explanation as to what the cause may be related to

olcon posted...
Pokemon data integrity is is achieved through the use of checksums. In barebones layman's terms, a checksum is sort of like a total representation of the integrity of a piece of data. If a checksum value for a piece of data matches a previously computed checksum value for the same piece of data, the data is uncorrupted.

So if checksum 1 = checksum 2, the data is safe. This is what normally happens.

If checksum 1 != checksum 2... bad things start to happen.

if I'm understanding this situation correctly, wonder trade probably does checksum 1 when the trade starts and checksum 2 when it ends. Normally everything lines up and is fine, but something's going wrong, and the checksums aren't lining up

The result is the abomination we label the bad egg

The bad egg is NOT a Pokemon egg - it is the game's error message, an icon that represents corrupted data. This is why it can come through wonder trade unlike actual eggs.

On top of it, for some odd reason, the corrupted data can spread and corrupt normal data - in this case, your Pokemon. The only way I can imagine this, is somehow the bad egg is overwriting the existing checksums for the boxed Pokemon

I'm being completely serious when I say to quarantine the entire box, guys. This isn't a joke, this is hard work potentially down the drain forever, because corrupted checksums = corrupted saves.

You don't get those Pokemon back.

So essentially, during transfer the data gets mingled, whether it be incomplete data packets being sent or if Wonder Trade itself is f***** is yet to be seen. In the Mean time Here is what you can do if you happen to receive one of these eggs.

olcon posted...
Procedures for dealing with a bad egg in your pc:

1. Do not touch the egg! That means no checking moves, stats, anything. It may have an item attached, do not attempt to retrieve the item!

2. The box the bad egg is in is immediately QUARANTINED.

3. Immediately remove all Pokemon from the quarantined box. They can and WILL
be corrupted if they remain in close proximity to the bad egg.

4. Do not , I repeat, DO NOT attempt to withdraw the egg. Do NOT attempt to hatch the egg.

5. Your primary goal is to save all your Pokemon from infection. Treat a bad egg like you would a zombie pathogen that spreads via air.

6. Your secondary goal is to avoid the Pokemon "-----". At all costs.

This is Rare, and as It stands I personally have only seen 1 or 2 documented cases outside of the Original guy. So do not worry about wonder trade messing your game up, it likely will not happen.
---
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/metallic_trance/fashionista.png
Bianca and Noel have swapped clothes! By metallic_trance. :3
#2perfectchaos83(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 6:53:52 PM
Something more that is important

Cincada posted...
This wasn't the hackers fault.

People need to settle down a bit, and stop being idiots.

The Mystery Zone egg is caused by bad data that is built in. It's an internal flaw.

The Poke Editors aren't able to insert data back into the game yet, so hacked pokes for the general population are impossible. The leaked Legends were possible for one guy who is an actual well trained Game Cracker, and not you fake bandwagon hipster hackers.

In fact, the Bad egg problem is super SUPER rare, 99.999% of you will never see it.

Hacks can not be inserted into the game yet. There is no known way, period.
---
Mia FTW!!!
The Dude abides.
#3MegaDuranPosted 11/1/2013 6:55:48 PM
never using wondertrade again
---
3DS: 3351-5468-4271
#4perfectchaos83(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 6:58:43 PM
MegaDuran posted...

Wonder trade all you want, you will likely not ever get a Mystery Zone Egg
---
Mia FTW!!!
The Dude abides.
#5GespenstKAFPosted 11/1/2013 8:49:10 PM
perfectchaos83 posted...
MegaDuran posted...

Not taking the risk: I love my Pokémon too much to put them in danger.

Improbable? Yes. Impossible? Apparently not.
---
3DS FC: 3738-0838-5357
X Safari: Dark: Crawdaunt, Mightyena, Inkay
#6bbkkristianPosted 11/1/2013 8:51:59 PM
Can't you just turn your game off when you get it?
---
3DS FC: 2552-0940-6228. PSN: bbkkristian
Dissidia 012 Mains: Onion Knight, Lightning, Squall
#7DragonLord150Posted 11/1/2013 8:54:39 PM
GespenstKAF posted...
perfectchaos83 posted...
MegaDuran posted...

Not taking the risk: I love my Pokémon too much to put them in danger.

Improbable? Yes. Impossible? Apparently not.

I agree! O_O I have played enough MH and enough PKMN to know if there is a chance of it happening it WILL HAPPEN!
---
"Remember: a team of hunters is only as good as the guy you can kill three times." -mazereon
#8jayman7Posted 11/1/2013 8:55:08 PM
bbkkristian posted...
Can't you just turn your game off when you get it?

No, because you can't send Mystery Zone eggs on the Wonder Trade or GTS, so you won't get one. At all. We don't know what caused the glitch, but we do know that you can count the number of confirmed cases on one hand.

No, no, one finger.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#9Pupu27Posted 11/1/2013 9:03:46 PM
MegaDuran posted...

Bad eggs are probably caused by some flaw in your own system rather than wonder trade. In this case you will get them no matter what :)
---
I swear I'm nobody alt.
FC: 1048-8565-3189
#10bcorneliaPosted 11/1/2013 9:09:35 PM
Pupu27 posted...
MegaDuran posted...

Bad eggs are probably caused by some flaw in your own system rather than wonder trade. In this case you will get them no matter what :)

This.

Who the hell is olcon?
---
This is an elite pirate