This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to get different abilities when breeding?

#1Paranoia308Posted 11/1/2013 8:18:06 PM
I was breeding technician scythers and got swarm on some of them

I have a Kabuto with Swift Swim but I would rather he have Hard Shell. Is it random if I breed them without items?
---
(Poison Safari) Kakuna - Swalot - Whirlepede
FC: 2208-4944-7371
#2Dictator_RichPosted 11/1/2013 8:19:09 PM
Yes, but I don't think you can get hidden world abilities tho.
---
This user is awesome: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=16426426
#3Sticky_DerpPosted 11/1/2013 8:19:22 PM
answered your own question

can get any ability that comes naturally
can only get hidden ability if breed with a hidden ability parent [this gen allows fathers to pass it on]
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#4xfyrenxPosted 11/1/2013 8:20:05 PM
It's random even with items (no items help regarding abilities), but it's more likely that the mother will pass hers to the baby.
---
Roxas is my idol. Wish I could be mackin' on my he-sister all day er'y day. Then head over and be mackin' on my half-not-sister all night outta sight.
#5Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/1/2013 8:20:06 PM
Dictator_Rich posted...

You can breed HA now. They can be passed down from either gender. Though males are very rare at passing it (such as SB Blazike as the event was a male Torchic)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#6Dictator_RichPosted 11/1/2013 8:23:00 PM(edited)
You can, but I meant that if you breed a bunch of non-hidden world pokemon with other non-hidden world pokemon, you will never get the hidden world ability. One of them has to have it. However, if you bread a swarm scyther with another swarm scyther, you can still get technician, since it's not H/W.
---
This user is awesome: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=16426426
#7xfyrenxPosted 11/1/2013 8:23:03 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Dictator_Rich posted...

You can breed HA now. They can be passed down from either gender. Though males are very rare at passing it (such as SB Blazike as the event was a male Torchic)

Just use a Ditto with the male.
---
Roxas is my idol. Wish I could be mackin' on my he-sister all day er'y day. Then head over and be mackin' on my half-not-sister all night outta sight.
#8Paranoia308(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 8:25:50 PM
Where can I get a HA Kabuto? Do they exist in friend safari?
---
(Poison Safari) Kakuna - Swalot - Whirlepede
FC: 2208-4944-7371