This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mega latios/latias

#1XerathynPosted 11/2/2013 7:51:23 AM
I've seen the screens, there's no megastore in their names like with other megas.. But with all these screens it has me thinking they will release a patch to unlock a new region or something (referencing strange souvenir "you'll see soon enough") I don't think they will release pokemon z or x2 y2. Mainly because these new pokemon are locked away in the game. It's all speculation, but I feel very soon we will get a new update .. Fingers crossed.
---
Pokemon X friend code 5043-2150-0781
#2StevenDrkPrincePosted 11/2/2013 7:55:18 AM
There is no Mega Stone there due to the way the game is programmed. He only made the models spawn in place of a wild Pokemon and since you can only fight a Mega Evolved Pokemon in a trainer battle the games logic doesn't see it as a Mega Evolution.
---
3DS XL FC: 4296-3067-2375 - $teven from Kalos
"War. War never changes." I'm The Dark Prince.
#3Xerathyn(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 8:04:08 AM
That makes sense. I figured it had to do with it not being completely legitimate yet.
---
#4David_741Posted 11/2/2013 8:06:11 AM
I have no idea why they needed Mega forms, they have the Soul Dew.
---
Pokemon X - 4699 6529 7825
#5Tequila_ShotPosted 11/2/2013 8:06:20 AM
StevenDrkPrince posted...
There is no Mega Stone there due to the way the game is programmed. He only made the models spawn in place of a wild Pokemon and since you can only fight a Mega Evolved Pokemon in a trainer battle the games logic doesn't see it as a Mega Evolution.

At the same time, though, we don't know for sure whether this is a thing or not. Since there isn't a commonplace means with which to force wild encounters with specific Mega Pokémon (those screens being the only instance we're aware of), we have nothing to cross reference it with for legitimacy.
---
Level 100 Pokemon Count: 199
On the Bubble, my 200th Pokemon: Female Shiny Dream World Mawile
#6El_ChouricoPosted 11/2/2013 8:07:42 AM
Speaking of the Strange Souvenier, where can i get it?
---
FC: 3539-9660-6845
#7Xerathyn(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 8:09:09 AM
Go to the hotels everyday and talk to the hiker in the 1st room on the 2nd floor. He changes hotels everyday. The fourth day in a row he gives you the souvenir.
---
#8FurryyifferPosted 11/2/2013 8:09:51 AM

Would that mean that hackers could potentially have Mega pokemon show up as normal encounters so they have a pokemon that is always in mega form?
---
Ryuho, Playing Tales of Graces F
Forever in my heart.
#9el_tercer_poderPosted 11/2/2013 8:12:17 AM
David_741 posted...
I have no idea why they needed Mega forms, they have the Soul Dew.

Unless they intend to replace/ret-con the Soul Dew into being a kind of Mega Stone.
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#10Xerathyn(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 8:12:57 AM
Furryyiffer posted...

Would that mean that hackers could potentially have Mega pokemon show up as normal encounters so they have a pokemon that is always in mega form?

I feel like that would mess with the mechanic of having it devolve back. Like, could probably result in a crashing game or bad eggs.
---