This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Several Ditto Questions (+ One Arceus)

#1WhiteFox1992Posted 11/2/2013 1:00:41 PM
Ok, the last Pokemon game I played was Pokemon Emerald and additionally do not own a 3DS at all.

Ditto -
-
I just fount out Ditto also copies stats, is that new or old?
-
If Ditto copied a Pokemon that has different forms based on held items does it copy the form or does it turn into the plan not holding an item form? Also if Ditto copied a Pokemon such as Arceus with multiple forms based on items and Ditto held one version and Arceus held another, which does Ditto become?
-
If Ditto copied a Mega Form does that count as a Mega in terms of the bracelet?
-
If Ditto became a Pokemon that knew a move such as Hidden Power or Assist does Ditto use the targets IVs/Party or it's own?
-
Ok, I looked it up and there has been arguments, does a shiny Ditto stay shiny or does the coping include not being shiny?
-
If Ditto used transform on a weakened Zoroark but Ditto itself had high health does the Illusion ability activate to cause Ditto to visually change to one of the user's Pokemon?
-
If Ditto transformed into Kelcleon while he was another type does Ditto stay Normal Type or the type Kecleon was?
-
-
Arceus Question
-
Kecleon can lean Skill Swap by breeding, if Kecleon used Skill Swap on Arceus does Arceus change visually to match the type that he was hit by or does it not, or is Arceus immune to the move Skill Swap? (Yes I know Arceus is not available on X/Y at this time)
#2KrentarisPosted 11/2/2013 1:12:51 PM
WhiteFox1992 posted...

I just fount out Ditto also copies stats, is that new or old?

As far as I know, it's been like that since Gen I. It copies everything except HP. I don't know if it also copied stat boosts at the time, but it does so this gen anyway. It also used to copy catch rate, however I don't think it does anymore.

If Ditto copied a Pokemon that has different forms based on held items does it copy the form or does it turn into the plan not holding an item form? Also if Ditto copied a Pokemon such as Arceus with multiple forms based on items and Ditto held one version and Arceus held another, which does Ditto become?

I'm pretty sure it just transforms into whatever version the opponent is.

If Ditto copied a Mega Form does that count as a Mega in terms of the bracelet?
Good question. Considering that it's possible to switch out after mega evolution and retain your poke's form, I'm guessing that Ditto is copying the form directly (which, if I would hazard a guess, exist as separate Pokémon as far as the game data is concerned) so the game doesn't flag you as having used a mega evolution.

However if someone can confirm otherwise, then please by all means.

If Ditto became a Pokemon that knew a move such as Hidden Power or Assist does Ditto use the targets IVs/Party or it's own?
This one I don't know. If I had to guess I'd say it uses the opponent's, but Ditto's HP doesn't change. So would it use the opponent's version, Ditto's own, or neither (ie would it copy the IVs of the other stats but not HP, and use hidden power based on that?) If someone else could answer this that would be interesting.

Can't answer the other questions or the Arceus question, sorry! I'd like to know though, they're intriguing questions.
---
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."
#3WhiteFox1992(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 3:39:08 PM
Well thank you for trying
#4WhiteFox1992(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 6:28:19 AM
What I discovered so far.

Ditto has always been able to copy stats and some sites like Serebii claim Ditto also copies stat boosts.
-
Ditto DOES NOT turn into a shiny in most versions.
-
Ditto copying a Mega does not count towards your one Mega per battle

However my other questions and Arceus question remain unanswered.