This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to beat the GTS and get the Legendary you want.

#1spri487Posted 11/2/2013 3:36:12 PM
I did this today so thought I'd share with others.

Occasionally there'll be a legendary on the GTS with the person trading it wanted a non-legendary Pokemon but on Level 91 or higher.

Today I saw people wanting a Level 91 or higher Gengar, Gourgeist and Elecktron for a Xerneas.

If you Wonder trade regularly you should have built up a fair few pokemiles, I had just over 20,000 Pokemiles built up so I went on the official Pokemon Global link website and exchanged them all for Rare Candies for 250 pokemiles each. I ended up with just over 80 rare candies, I synced my game and collected them from the Pokecenter.

I then got my Level 38 Gourgiest out of the box and levelled it up to 91 in less than 2 minutes.

I went back on the GTS searched for the Xerneas and made the trade.

Extra info: you get about 100 pokemiles per wondertrade if you need to grind for them
---
3DS Friend Code = 1161-0189-7371
#2Mean_BeaniePosted 11/2/2013 3:38:40 PM
So then, what are the chances of getting the mystery egg glitch after 225 wondertrades?
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img197/2627/umold.png
3DS FC: 5086-1093-2996
#3yummychopPosted 11/2/2013 3:43:44 PM
haha that's so evil, i approve!
#4Iced_ShadowsPosted 11/2/2013 3:45:30 PM
Mean_Beanie posted...
So then, what are the chances of getting the mystery egg glitch after 225 wondertrades?

Next to no chance.
---
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
#5SuperRup91Posted 11/2/2013 3:46:24 PM
yummychop posted...

How so? Both sides got what they wanted
---
3DS Friend Code: 5413-0006-7792
PM me so I can add you as well!
#6NogahamPosted 11/2/2013 3:50:45 PM
Yeah but you have to be quick about that. I tried this two days ago and wasted 5k pokemiles on Rare Candies which I used to level a Pupitar to 61. According to the GTS someone had put up an Yveltal for such one Pupitar. Well, when I finally had it and tried to make the trade, the Yveltal was gone.
#7dannyyobPosted 11/2/2013 3:53:50 PM
Nogaham posted...
Yeah but you have to be quick about that. I tried this two days ago and wasted 5k pokemiles on Rare Candies which I used to level a Pupitar to 61. According to the GTS someone had put up an Yveltal for such one Pupitar. Well, when I finally had it and tried to make the trade, the Yveltal was gone.

Ugh, those moments has happened to me a lot.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5455-9661-8179
#8Arcadia__personPosted 11/2/2013 3:58:54 PM
Nogaham posted...

Ugh, that sucks. I've thought of trying this before, but I was worried about wasting my time if something like this happened.

You're probably less likely to get sniped on a level 91 Pokemon than a level 61 though. The lower the level of the Pokemon being requested, the more people will go for it.
---
3DS F.C = 0387 - 9320 - 6533. Eric from Hawkeye
#9yummychopPosted 11/2/2013 4:04:12 PM
SuperRup91 posted...
yummychop posted...

How so? Both sides got what they wanted

well i think most people who post trades like that are trolls, so they didn't really get what they wanted. must feel good to take away their legendaries though, i approve.
#10spri487(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 4:19:05 PM
Arcadia__person posted...
Nogaham posted...

Ugh, that sucks. I've thought of trying this before, but I was worried about wasting my time if something like this happened.

You're probably less likely to get sniped on a level 91 Pokemon than a level 61 though. The lower the level of the Pokemon being requested, the more people will go for it.

Trust me, those wanting level 91's are worth it. I've been keeping my eye on them for a few days they usually last on the trading from 30 minutes to 2 hours. I know because I was trying to level up by fighting the elite 4 over and over again with a lucky egg and checking in between each battle, stupid me thinking I could do it in time.

My advice is stock up on the Rare Candies so you have them ready to level the Pokemon needed. 60-70 Rare Candies should be sufficient and then you'll have that Legendary you've seen on GTS within 2-4 minutes depending on how quick you are.
---
3DS Friend Code = 1161-0189-7371