This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How did fairy effect the competitive play?

#1zombiabsolPosted 11/2/2013 4:26:49 PM
in your opinion - Results (205 votes)
it changed it in a good way (Balance)
60.49% (124 votes)
it changed it in a bad way (super op pokes, moves, abilities ect)
14.15% (29 votes)
didnt really change it that much
25.37% (52 votes)
This poll is now closed.
first option for me............. Steel is now one of my favorite type, having become more useful
---
3ds friend Code : 0044-3110-4468 Name: Slyabsol
Friend Safari= Pancham, meditite, breloom
#2NecrosexuaIPosted 11/2/2013 4:30:42 PM
other option: it changed the metagame a lot, but we're not sure quite HOW much

while smogon has basically have nothing on the banlist right now... we don't know how well the fairy is doing. i mean, it shook up everything... but we don't know quite how much it has and we likely won't for a long time now. it has to be tested and all.

of course i'm not sure so far. i feel it did in a good way, and in a bad way. we'll see as smogon deals with it over time.
many knee-jerk reactions have happened between fairies, mega evos, etc. we'll just wait and see i think -u-
---
CUTE GIRL, SPOOKY NAME my friend safari has ditto, kecleon, teddiursa
dream code: 5300-2900-4767 - RAID ON THE CITY, KNOCK OUT, EVIL TUSKS
#3Xigbar777Posted 11/2/2013 4:32:29 PM
zombiabsol posted...
first option for me............. Steel is now one of my favorite type, having become more useful

To be fair, steel got buffed AND nerfed at the same time. So in a way, it's still just about as useful as it was before the fairy type.
---
I'm a soldier in the war against fanboys. My only weapon? Reason.
Pokemon X FC - 0447 6354 6600
#4Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/2/2013 4:33:36 PM
I'd argue it didn't really change that much.

Dragons are still viable even without Outrage/DM spam, thanks to hitting like trucks with neutral hits, there aren't that many efficient fairies, and even then Dragons are still nasty. It gave hurdles for Dark/Fighting type to come to terms with however.
However, in the case we're just talking about how Fairies have impacted the Mega, I'd argue again... Not much.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#5SazukeEXPosted 11/2/2013 4:33:36 PM
Good way.

Now Dragon, Dark, and Fighting types aren't as safe anymore.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3609 - 2155 - 4967
Trainer Name: Rob. Friend Safari - Fighting: Mankey, Throh, and Riolu. PM me if you add me so I can add you.
#6The_EmperessPosted 11/2/2013 4:34:53 PM
It did help balance a few things out. Dragons have been very OP for a while, and it's nice that something can resist it so well. Poison's no longer considered such a worthless element, while Steel, even if it did get a few nerfs, still remains both strong in both offense and defense and beats Fairy-types. The only thing I'm confused about is why Fairy-types are Super-Effective against Fighting-types...
---
My friend code is 1693-1717-7606
#7iamblueyPosted 11/2/2013 4:37:17 PM
they're annoying, but i think it's pretty even.

managed to throw a fair few fairy users off on that battle simulator
---
FC: 0533 - 5307 - 4043 --- X Version character name: Bluey
---
#8sharazisspecialPosted 11/2/2013 4:45:52 PM(edited)
We need more physical defensive fairies

All the faeries take 50% or more from jolly life orb garchomp earthquake.

Togekisses has a decent typing which allows it avoid quake.But his 90 , 85 defensive is not enough to function as a reliable wall to physical threats.

Would of been absolutely great if some certain pokemon got fairy typing. Such mismagius and alomomola.
#9Neo_W_CPosted 11/2/2013 4:45:20 PM
Fairies? Not much. As a check for dragons certainly nothing much, most Fairy types lean towards SP Def instead of Def.

Fairy type? It's all in who can learn Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast or Play Rough. If one of these can replace Hidden Power Ice on pokes that used to run HP Ice for anti-dragon, it will have already had an effect.
#10Yayforme123Posted 11/2/2013 4:46:18 PM
The_Emperess posted...
It did help balance a few things out. Dragons have been very OP for a while, and it's nice that something can resist it so well. Poison's no longer considered such a worthless element, while Steel, even if it did get a few nerfs, still remains both strong in both offense and defense and beats Fairy-types. The only thing I'm confused about is why Fairy-types are Super-Effective against Fighting-types...

Many heroes in comics, cartoons and movies are weak to Magic (something that the fairy type close to) that's my guess.
---
My 3DS friend code: 2595 - 1200 - 5685.
(insert witty text here)