This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How did fairy effect the competitive play?

#21Bladeon80Posted 11/2/2013 7:25:16 PM
heavylobsterguy posted...
Was there any reason for Fairy to resist Bug? Bugs don't need nerfs, Gamefreak!

Poor Bug. It's already resisted by Fire, Flying, Ghost, Steel, Poison, Fighting and now FAIRY?

And it only super effective against Grass, Psychic, and Dark.
---
Bladeon - the steel type Eeveelution
3DS FC - 3454 - 0866 - 5776 (ign: Volc)
#22Sloth9230Posted 11/2/2013 7:27:51 PM
Xigbar777 posted...
zombiabsol posted...
first option for me............. Steel is now one of my favorite type, having become more useful

To be fair, steel got buffed AND nerfed at the same time. So in a way, it's still just about as useful as it was before the fairy type.

it got 2 buffs and 1 nerf, it's better than before.
#23Plasma EXEPosted 11/3/2013 10:11:20 PM(edited)
There's a little bit of bias for Fairies so it's kind of like the new dragon type. Moonblast gets 95 base attack and a 30% chance of lowering special attack. Most other special attack minus dragonpulse got nerfed to base 90 and have 10% chance of inflicting status.

Despite that though, I think it was implemented well to give dragons a little more to worry about and spam less specs draco meteor (freaking latios). I could probably switch assault vest azumarrill in on calm mind Latias now and not worry too much about entering a calm mind war because that thing was ridiculously hard to kill without Scizor or Tyranitar.
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336. Friend Safari: Tyogre/Sawk/Meditite
#24KillerMechanoidPosted 11/3/2013 10:06:59 PM
Sloth9230 posted...
Xigbar777 posted...
zombiabsol posted...
first option for me............. Steel is now one of my favorite type, having become more useful

To be fair, steel got buffed AND nerfed at the same time. So in a way, it's still just about as useful as it was before the fairy type.

it got 2 buffs and 1 nerf, it's better than before.

I thought it was 2 buffs and 2 nerfs? Losing 2 resistances is 2 nerfs.