This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts on this Yveltal setup?

#1MistaSprinklesPosted 11/3/2013 3:38:57 AM
I was trying to think of something that would be equal parts annoying and effective, this is what I came up with.

Modest
Leftovers
EVs - max Sp.Atk, not sure on the others yet

Toxic
Dark Pulse
Oblivion Wing
Roost
#2jEr3mYPosted 11/3/2013 3:40:02 AM
MistaSprinkles posted...
I was trying to think of something that would be equal parts annoying and effective, this is what I came up with.

Modest
Leftovers
EVs - max Sp.Atk, not sure on the others yet

Toxic
Dark Pulse
Oblivion Wing
Roost

Ditch Roost... It's pointless when you have Oblivion Wing.. that does damage AND restores HP... Roost only restores HP...
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 19 - updated 27 August 2013
#3MistaSprinkles(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 4:01:39 AM
Yeah, but roost straight up restores half of max hp where as oblivion wing is only a percentage of damage dealt, albeit a large percentage. Like I said, I want it to be kind of annoying too, so I figured that for the things oblivion wing isn't very effective for I could throw out a toxic and then just hack away with oblivion wing or dark pulse afterwards depending on the situation.
#4MistaSprinkles(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 4:11:28 AM
Thoughts anybody else? It works in my head, but I know there's probably some kind of glaring fault here.

Also thoughts on an EV spread? I was thinking of going for 252 spd as well as the sp.atk, with the remaining in hp, but I cant help feeling that I should even the points between sp.atk and spd a little more because of the moveset, Afterall, he's pretty fast already
#5MistaSprinkles(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 7:00:35 AM
bumpin'
#6Kite_GPosted 11/3/2013 7:03:01 AM
MistaSprinkles posted...
Thoughts anybody else? It works in my head, but I know there's probably some kind of glaring fault here.

Also thoughts on an EV spread? I was thinking of going for 252 spd as well as the sp.atk, with the remaining in hp, but I cant help feeling that I should even the points between sp.atk and spd a little more because of the
moveset, Afterall, he's pretty fast already

imo I believe that maxing in speed is vital, there will always be another yveltal or something that will be faster and you would want to have the upper hand you know??
---
Name: Kite Town: Silmeria
3DS FC: 3840 - 6186 - 9718 // Pokemon X & Y
#7MistaSprinkles(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 7:37:35 AM
I gotcha. I was planning on doing that at first anyways, so thanks for the input =)

One last bump to see if there are any others out there who wouldn't mind chiming in
#8InhaledCornPosted 11/3/2013 7:42:59 AM
You seem to be running a defensive build. If that's the case, I wouldn't invest so heavily in Sp.Atk. I would focus more on its defenses and HP.

Although, I don't know why you would. Yveltal is much better as an all out attacker. Drop Roost and Toxic for Focus Blast and Sucker Punch. I would run Hasty instead of Modest with a Life Orb as Oblivion Wing can heal off the recoil.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
Pokemon Friend Safari: Nincada, Sandshrew, Gastrodon
#9MistaSprinkles(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 7:49:51 AM
Thats just it, I'm attempting to blend the two. It's not so much that I'm going for a defensive build, more like a decent special sweeper build that still has some good recovery defenses in place.