This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stealth Rock wil be better after Pokemon Bank

#1David_741Posted 11/3/2013 8:47:15 AM
Because a horde of old Stealth Rock viable pokemon will return.

Currently the ability to learn Stealth Rock is rare.

Compared to the pokemon that could learn it by move tutor.
Just see for yourself:
http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/stealthrock.shtml

Also the return of Stealth rock leads like Terrakion (one of the best Stealth Rockers) will cause chaos to Talonflame, Charizard and Volcarona.
---
Pokemon X - 4699 6529 7825
#2NinjaKitsunePosted 11/3/2013 9:04:40 AM
I'm honestly hoping they delete it from pokebank transfers because making stealth rock that stupidly common was a mistake. Hell, stealth rock itself is a mistake. Yeah, let's make a move that takes one turn to set up, lasts the entire match, ****s over entire types, and can only be countered by a 20BP move that can be blocked by ghosts. Now let's give it to everyone and their brother. Genius!

And don't give me that bull**** about the types it f***s over already being bad. Charizard went from BL to NU because of this ****. And I don't even care specifically about Charizard, but since he's the example everyone brings up when they spout that bull**** he's going to be our f***ing example today.
---
If you see this, something broke gamefox
#3raazychxPosted 11/3/2013 9:07:09 AM
NinjaKitsune posted...
I'm honestly hoping they delete it from pokebank transfers because making stealth rock that stupidly common was a mistake. Hell, stealth rock itself is a mistake. Yeah, let's make a move that takes one turn to set up, lasts the entire match, ****s over entire types, and can only be countered by a 20BP move that can be blocked by ghosts. Now let's give it to everyone and their brother. Genius!

And don't give me that bull**** about the types it f***s over already being bad. Charizard went from BL to NU because of this ****. And I don't even care specifically about Charizard, but since he's the example everyone brings up when they spout that bull**** he's going to be our f***ing example today.

Someone's angry.

Justifiably, though. Stealth Rock has overcentralized the previous metagame. Even a casual-leaning type like me can see right through it.
---
Pkmn X Fc: 5386 8214 7883
Character Name: Zachary
#4ThatKippPosted 11/3/2013 9:08:57 AM(edited)
NinjaKitsune posted...

Gen 3 BL also had crap like Regirock and Armaldo. Without Stealth Rock, Charizard would be RU at best.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Upcd7fL.png
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#5EnlinoPosted 11/3/2013 9:09:08 AM
NinjaKitsune posted...

It takes a special kind of person to fill a post with self-censored explicatives rather than just leave them out.

Anyway, I do really wish they would do something about stealth rocks. It wouldn't be as big a problem as it is if it weren't a tm in gen IV that nearly everyone could learn. Defog is a step in the right direction, but I really wish they'd just cut its availability to a fraction of what it is now.
#6ScaldedBeaverPosted 11/3/2013 9:09:30 AM
NinjaKitsune posted...

It's not that simple. You don't know which tier Charizard would have been in if SR had not existed in gen 4.
#7NinjaKitsunePosted 11/3/2013 9:19:36 AM
I'm sorry. It kind of makes me angry that my favorite type is basically trash because of a single move. But seriously. I went back and looked at the tiers. We literally went from most of the fire types being UU or BL to almost all of them being NU. Same with Ice types. Something clearly happened to make their common weakness of rock overpowered, and between that and how often you see the strategy pages mention stealth rock, well...It's rather easy to connect the dots.
---
If you see this, something broke gamefox
#8D_BartPosted 11/3/2013 9:23:02 AM
raazychx posted...

Justifiably, though. Stealth Rock has overcentralized the previous metagame. Even a casual-leaning type like me can see right through it.

This.

Game Freak was apparently aware of the imbalances created by Dragons, Weather Wars, and the new sleep mechanics in the Gen V metagame, but they have yet to notice Stealth Rocks?
---
Splash
#9Seto_RyuPosted 11/3/2013 9:23:25 AM
Stuff like this is why I rarely battle seriously online. I love to breed competitive Pokemon, but using them gets repetitive. I almost enjoy running into noobs online using Legendaries or crap Pokemon. At least it isn't a cookie cutter Pokemon.
---
FC: 0791-2237-3947
#10Companion_Cube_Posted 11/3/2013 9:25:31 AM
Ferrothorn is my Stealth Rocker right now
---
Pokemon Y Friend Safari Pokemon: Dedenne, Electabuzz, Zebstricka
3DS FC: 3024 - 5019 - 8681 (PM me to add me)