This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best way to grind experience pre-E4?

#1PictocheatPosted 11/3/2013 2:14:23 PM
I raised several Pokemon throughout my playthrough to get as many to evolve as I could, so my main team is only in the low- to mid-50s. I just got past Victory Road, so I'm assuming there aren't many other places left to grind. I just started fighting at the Battle Chateau, so the trainers there aren't very powerful yet. And since I haven't beaten the game, I can't use Restaurant Le Wow or whatever it's called. Are there any other notable methods of EXP. farming besides training in Victory Road?
---
U say U want a Revolution
Well, U know Wii all want to change the world
#2Dark Young LinkPosted 11/3/2013 2:18:44 PM
Didn't use the exp share huh?

I think victory road hordes gives pretty good exp. But yeah.... I really never grinded in this game until post game.
---
I'm not at liberty to discuss things involving random users I've never heard of. Sorry . :) - Allen's wife, speaking about Luster
3DS FC : 3926-5549-8616
#3GalapagozPosted 11/3/2013 2:23:46 PM
Turn on EXP share and grind through battle cheateu with at least a duke rank
---
3DS:0361 6632 9155
#4Pictocheat(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 2:26:51 PM(edited)
Yeah, I did use the EXP. Share. I would start off with the Pokemon I wanted to train/evolve, then switch in a member from my main team to take it out. I even played with each of them in Amie so they'd get the EXP. boost.

I lost to Lysandre a bunch of times at the Team Flare Secret HQ because my main team was underleveled and I still had one or two Pokemon in my party just so they could level up and evolve.

I'm probably the only person who wasn't ready to sweep the E4 by the time I got there.
---
#5Sloth9230Posted 11/3/2013 2:25:45 PM
Battle Chateau while using writs. I have a level 80 Pyroar with 70 Everything else.
#6TheGreatDebatePosted 11/3/2013 2:28:44 PM
Pictocheat posted...
Yeah, I did use the EXP. Share. I would start off with the Pokemon I wanted to train/evolve, then switch in a member from my main team to take it out. I even lost to Lysandre a bunch of times at the Team Flare Secret HQ because my main team was underleveled and I still had one or two Pokemon in my party just so they could level up and evolve.

I'm probably the only person who wasn't ready to sweep the E4 by the time I got there.

How could you be underleveled? Even my HM slave was overleveled
---
There's a difference between just believing in Jesus and actually following him. Jesus says to follow him, not just believe
#7tarzanmxPosted 11/3/2013 2:29:01 PM
Sweet scent victory road and run if you find a Geodude horde.
Otherwise just fight the Floatzels/ Lickitung and gain exp.
---
Why, hello.
#8NextgrandcrossPosted 11/3/2013 2:31:20 PM
The Battle Chateau, assuming your a high enough rank to start spawning the furisode girls with the team of 2 or 3 Audinos and use the Red or Black Writ of Challenge.
#9Pictocheat(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 2:56:27 PM(edited)
I never realized until now how many Pokemon I've actually used in my "main party" throughout the game:

Not using anymore: Talonflame (Lv. 45), Nidoking (Lv. 45), Pyroar (Lv. 45), Diggersby (Lv. 45), Vivillon (Lv. 45), Butterfree (Lv. 48), Aurorus (Lv. 52)

Pokemon I am using: Marowak (Lv. 52), Ampharos (Lv. 53), Seadra (Lv. 53), Venusaur (Lv. 53), Blaziken (Lv. 54), Lucario (Lv. 54), Dragalge (Lv. 54), Aegislash (Lv. 54), Greninja (Lv. 54), Meowstic (Lv. 56), Aromatisse (Lv. 57), Pangoro (Lv. 57)

HM Slaves: Bibarel (Lv. 46), Swanna (Lv. 50)

That's 21 Pokemon that I've spread most of the EXP. to. I haven't been able to settle on a solid team of six because so many of them have been really useful. I usually start out by saying I want this and that Pokemon on my team, then I struggle to decide between what I personally want to use and what would serve for better type coverage. Say I want to use Aegislash and Greninja on my team. Well I'd also like to use Pangoro, but then I'd have two Dark types, and I'd have two Steel types if I used Lucario. In that case, I'd use Blaziken. So it really depends on what I'm using at the moment; I also try to keep their levels around the same. And remember that I have 1-3 (usually only one) non-team member(s) in my party just for evolving at any given time.

This is how, despite using the EXP. Share, I'm still pretty underleveled.
---
#10zxzxiPosted 11/3/2013 2:55:47 PM
21! Wow! I congratulate your patience while going through the main game.
---
My alternate username is: BrownYoshi