This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Charizard still going to be NU?

#1MetaDeDeDePosted 11/3/2013 4:41:59 PM
Just Asking.
---
The Official Serena's Sylveon of the Pokemon X board.
#2CircleOfManiasPosted 11/3/2013 4:44:04 PM
There's no usage data yet. Wait a few months for OU to solidify, then we'll have the beginning of a UU environment. Once that stabilizes, RU starts, and once that stabilizes, only then will there be an NU tier. The process takes several months.
---
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
#3sunshinesanPosted 11/3/2013 4:50:38 PM
It's a lot better. If either Y or X were stand alone pokemon, they would probably both be low OU or high UU. The problem is the elusive Mega-slot. It will be interesting to see where it settles.
---
My power is maximum.
#4Inferno05Posted 11/3/2013 4:56:16 PM
Regular Charizard will still be NU. There will likely be a seperate tier-listing for each form.

Y will hit above NU for Drought alone. Sun teams now have a non-ninetales option for setting up Sun, and the more the merrier with the nerf to weather abilities. Sun will go up, though, and might replace Rain in whatever spot it had among weather teams as I don't know of any new drizzle pokemon. Weather teams will need more weather-summoners now that it's not permanent, and Charizard Y gives us that option. Not much better among Megas for Sun Teams. It'll likely hit at least UU, though I think SR will keep all forms of Charizard out of OU.

I don't know much about the viability of CharX.
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 Reaga
#5Companion_Cube_Posted 11/3/2013 4:57:07 PM
Normal? I'd say RU.
Mega X? BL, imo.
Mega Y is heading to OU
---
Pokemon Y Friend Safari Pokemon: Dedenne, Electabuzz, Zebstricka
3DS FC: 3024 - 5019 - 8681 (PM me to add me)
#6Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/3/2013 4:57:58 PM
Companion_Cube_ posted...
Normal? I'd say RU.
Mega X? BL, imo.
Mega Y is heading to OU

Considering Megas are part of the base form (at least as Smogon has ruled it: Which makes sense) if the Megas are OU, it's likely Charizard will be bumped up as tiers are also based on usage rates.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#7Inferno05Posted 11/3/2013 5:01:35 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Normal? I'd say RU.
Mega X? BL, imo.
Mega Y is heading to OU

Considering Megas are part of the base form (at least as Smogon has ruled it: Which makes sense) if the Megas are OU, it's likely Charizard will be bumped up as tiers are also based on usage rates.

That's weird. They offer different pages for formed pokemon everywhere else. The only real difference is those pokemon stay in their preferred form from the start. But beyond that, if each Rotom can be in a different tier, each charizard should be. Yes, you'll have to call out regular Charizard, but he will have no use in his regular form. Both sets are too offensive (with charizard's lack of bulk making this point hit harder) to NOT mega-evolve turn 1.
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 Reaga
#8Companion_Cube_Posted 11/3/2013 5:02:58 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Normal? I'd say RU.
Mega X? BL, imo.
Mega Y is heading to OU

I'd be really weird to have base in OU, Y in OU, and X in UU or BL.

They should just separate the three.
---
Pokemon Y Friend Safari Pokemon: Dedenne, Electabuzz, Zebstricka
3DS FC: 3024 - 5019 - 8681 (PM me to add me)
#9Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/3/2013 5:04:28 PM
Inferno05 posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Normal? I'd say RU.
Mega X? BL, imo.
Mega Y is heading to OU

That's weird. They offer different pages for formed pokemon everywhere else. The only real difference is those pokemon stay in their preferred form from the start. But beyond that, if each Rotom can be in a different tier, each charizard should be. Yes, you'll have to call out regular Charizard, but he will have no use in his regular form. Both sets are too offensive (with charizard's lack of bulk making this point hit harder) to NOT mega-evolve turn 1.

Those forms don't work the same.

I can use Deoxys NSAD without using the other forms. I can't use Charizard X or Y without using Charizard.

It's more like Castform. Castforms different forms are still in the same tier, and not listed differently.

Megas in general are just item forms for the Pokemon. More like Giratina O and original. (But you can't have the base form in that example at the same time.)

IE: Kangaskahn's Mega form can be walled by ghosts. However, if I don't megaevolve, Scrappy Kangas can kick the **** out of a ghost switching in, and then I can mega evolve. Or how Gyarados base form can abuse Intimidate.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#10Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/3/2013 5:05:22 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Normal? I'd say RU.
Mega X? BL, imo.
Mega Y is heading to OU

I'd be really weird to have base in OU, Y in OU, and X in UU or BL.

They should just separate the three.

That wouldn't really make sense.

If you said Charizard base is BL, X is BL/OU, and Y is OU I could understand, but like my last post, they are different from standard forms. (See Castform)
---