This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Charizard still going to be NU?

#11Xenesis XenonPosted 11/3/2013 5:06:14 PM
Inferno05 posted...
That's weird. They offer different pages for formed pokemon everywhere else. The only real difference is those pokemon stay in their preferred form from the start. But beyond that, if each Rotom can be in a different tier, each charizard should be. Yes, you'll have to call out regular Charizard, but he will have no use in his regular form. Both sets are too offensive (with charizard's lack of bulk making this point hit harder) to NOT mega-evolve turn 1.

The thing with almost all the other forms is that you are set in that form before the battle starts. Using Mega Charizard X/Y requires you to use Charizard. You don't need to use Rotom to use Rotom-W/H/M. It would be the same as tiering Meoletta's Relic and Pirouette form separately - you can't use one without the other.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#12CakeOfLiesPosted 11/3/2013 5:06:16 PM
Mega Y will be OU simply because of Drought.
That hilariously high Sp. Attack stat will only make it better.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0992-4144-3423 - THIEF
#13Inferno05Posted 11/3/2013 5:07:20 PM
Come to think of it, though, I guess for PS and PO sake, they'd HAVE to list them as the same tier. If a pokemon somehow manages to go DOWN a tier with its Mega (hypothetically speaking), then you couldn't use the mega at all as you'd have to include the higher-tiered base form.
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 Reaga
#14Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/3/2013 5:08:18 PM
Would also like to point out, if Mega Gengar is banned Gengar can still remain OU.

It'd be as simple as banning Soul Dew on Latios/as. Because Megas in general are tied to the item in the first place.

Why Soul Dew is Banned, but Latios/as are not. Why Light ball isn't banned as well. (Because they are case by case basis )
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#15Plasma EXEPosted 11/3/2013 5:11:05 PM
Charizard y will definitely be OU. 159 sp. atk one turn solar beam is not UU material (also respectable sp. def and water weakness nearly nulled by drought along with base 100 speed).
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336. Friend Safari: Tyogre/Sawk/Meditite
#16Inferno05Posted 11/3/2013 5:13:20 PM
Plasma EXE posted...
Charizard y will definitely be OU. 159 sp. atk one turn solar beam is not UU material (also respectable sp. def and water weakness nearly nulled by drought along with base 100 speed).

SR has been known to bump 1-weakness pokemon down a tier or 2. 2x weak to rock usually banishes things to RU or lower, despite awesomeness. Though Y's awesomeness may actually keep it at UU or higher.
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 Reaga
#17Companion_Cube_Posted 11/3/2013 5:14:44 PM
Inferno05 posted...
Plasma EXE posted...

SR has been known to bump 1-weakness pokemon down a tier or 2. 2x weak to rock usually banishes things to RU or lower, despite awesomeness. Though Y's awesomeness may actually keep it at UU or higher.

SR doesn't work on the initial turn, though, and Defog is a huge nerf to SR.
---
Pokemon Y Friend Safari Pokemon: Dedenne, Electabuzz, Zebstricka
3DS FC: 3024 - 5019 - 8681 (PM me to add me)
#18Plasma EXEPosted 11/3/2013 5:16:29 PM
Inferno05 posted...
Plasma EXE posted...

Didn't stop Volcarona from staying in OU. Besides, there are ways around stealth rocks.
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336. Friend Safari: Tyogre/Sawk/Meditite
#19Mewtwo_soulPosted 11/3/2013 5:18:08 PM
Plasma EXE posted...
Inferno05 posted...
Plasma EXE posted...

Didn't stop Volcarona from staying in OU. Besides, there are ways around stealth rocks.

This, as Cube (sorry I'm bad with names) said: Defog is now a great option to use against SR. (In before but those with it are weak to SR: Doesn't matter )
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#20VaironGodPosted 11/3/2013 5:18:11 PM
I think the most they will do is ban the items, like what they did to Soul Dew.

The problem is with Pokemon that will probably have higher usage than their Mega Forms, for instance Gyrados and Scizor.
---
IGN: Flavio FC: 2552-0423-5883
Friend Safari: Ice with Spheal, Bergmite, and Cloyster