This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Discharge vs. Thunderbolt

#11Pervert_Kuhn(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 5:16:56 PM
MCcake posted...
Thunder

That's not really the question. >_>
---
The Official Almaz von Almandine Adamant of the Disgaea 4 Board
"****ing blocks...I'm gonna climb the **** outta you!"
#12Companion_Cube_Posted 11/3/2013 5:17:59 PM
What Thunderbolt nerf?
---
Pokemon Y Friend Safari Pokemon: Dedenne, Electabuzz, Zebstricka
3DS FC: 3024 - 5019 - 8681 (PM me to add me)
#13Dark Young LinkPosted 11/3/2013 5:18:32 PM
Companion_Cube_ posted...
What Thunderbolt nerf?

Used to be 95 base power.

Now it's 90 base power.
---
I'm not at liberty to discuss things involving random users I've never heard of. Sorry . :) - Allen's wife, speaking about Luster
3DS FC : 3926-5549-8616
#14Companion_Cube_Posted 11/3/2013 5:19:35 PM
Dark Young Link posted...
Companion_Cube_ posted...
What Thunderbolt nerf?

Used to be 95 base power.

Now it's 90 base power.

Eh, I'll still rock it on my Gengar

5 base power doesn't matter much to me.
---
Pokemon Y Friend Safari Pokemon: Dedenne, Electabuzz, Zebstricka
3DS FC: 3024 - 5019 - 8681 (PM me to add me)
#15wind64aPosted 11/3/2013 5:21:23 PM
FuneralCake posted...
It's also important to note that some of these moves are generally better for single battle teams versus double or triple battle teams. I assume you're going to be making a single battle team, but generally, it's not a good idea to use moves like Surf and Discharge on double or triple teams because those moves will also hit your allies.

Unless your ally wants to be hit because of Lightiningrod, Stormdrain, Water Absorb, Volt Absorb, Dry Skin etc.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. 3DS FC: 3050 8148 9673
#16RAcastBlasterPosted 11/3/2013 5:22:03 PM
FuneralCake posted...
It's also important to note that some of these moves are generally better for single battle teams versus double or triple battle teams. I assume you're going to be making a single battle team, but generally, it's not a good idea to use moves like Surf and Discharge on double or triple teams because those moves will also hit your allies.

Unless you actually build a doubles/triples team. :P Just throwing your Singles team into Doubles/Triples seldom ends well.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Y, Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299
All bow down to your Steel type overlords!
#17FuneralCakePosted 11/3/2013 5:31:32 PM
wind64a posted...
Unless your ally wants to be hit because of Lightiningrod, Stormdrain, Water Absorb, Volt Absorb, Dry Skin etc.

Of course.

RAcastBlaster posted...
Unless you actually build a doubles/triples team. :P Just throwing your Singles team into Doubles/Triples seldom ends well.

But then you kind of have to build your team around it. You can definitely use the multi-hit moves like Surf, Discharge, Heat Wave, etc. to your advantage, but if the Pokemon that uses those advantages is gone, you may be left with a move that would hurt yourself more than your opponent.

It's not to say that those moves can't be used, but I guess like you said, it takes considerable more thought into utilizing those moves than it does in singles. Sometimes it's better to just opt for different moves instead so that you don't have to worry about your teammates.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#18Duchess_Of_NutsPosted 11/3/2013 5:31:38 PM
Pervert_Kuhn posted...
Greninja's animation with Scald looks so much better. Plus if you burn a physical attacker, you might survive.

Does the same go for all sweepers? Does that mean Scald is generally superior?

It depends on the sweeper's stats. In my opinion, Scald is too awesome to not use. Burning a Pokemon cripples their physical damage and also lowers their HP by a set percent each turn. On the downside, less power means less sweeping potential. For example Surf might be enough to 1HKO or 2HKO something, while Scald, with only a few less BP, might take one hit more to kill the opponent.
---
Would you like to hear. . . WHAT MY NUTS HAVE TO SAY?