This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would improved AI actually make the game easier?

#1firehockey91Posted 11/3/2013 4:49:16 PM
Curious thought after messing around with competitive team building and playing showdown for a while... Would better AI result in more predictable play from the trainer encounters?
#2firehockey91(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 4:52:43 PM
bump
#3FuneralCakePosted 11/3/2013 4:53:40 PM
better AI
more predictable

what
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#4Megaman OmegaPosted 11/3/2013 4:54:26 PM
Depends. The AIs in the Battle Maison are really poor at using their moves. Especially Protect/Detect is a big offender. It achieves nothing if this move is used randomly.
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1
#5Azure_FlamePosted 11/3/2013 4:54:49 PM
FuneralCake posted...
better AI
more predictable

what

They'd better know how to counter what you throw at them.

That said, it'd only make it "easier" for people who are skilled enough to read counters and set up counter-counters in response.
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate
#6Megaman OmegaPosted 11/3/2013 4:55:44 PM
FuneralCake posted...
better AI
more predictable

what

What he means is that, for instance, you have a TTar out and the enemy knows a fighting move. AI roulette is pretty dumb, but it's unpredictable. A better AI would use the fighting move, making it predictable (you could switch in a ghost, per example).
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1
#7bonannPosted 11/3/2013 4:56:10 PM
Megaman Omega posted...
Depends. The AIs in the Battle Maison are really poor at using their moves. Especially Protect/Detect is a big offender. It achieves nothing if this move is used randomly.

The annoying crits are more prominent after 80. That's kind of challenging I guess, considering you need a way to get around it.

Evasion stuff? No.
---
3DS: 4313-0687-5263
#8Meta289Posted 11/3/2013 4:56:33 PM
FuneralCake posted...
better AI
more predictable

what

If the AI is good enough to use actual strategies, you can figure out what they're going to pull. With bad AI, the AI is pretty much on roulette mode, meaning that you can have zero idea of what they're going to do.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#9firehockey91(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 4:56:43 PM
FuneralCake posted...
better AI
more predictable

what

Well when playing on line you can kind of figure out what the opponent is trying to do in terms of strategy. What I've found in-game is that it's kind of a crapshoot because they aren't very intelligent in terms of when and how to use skills. This in turn makes it more difficult to read situations, so what I'm getting at is that if GF took the time to make the AI more calculating so to speak, would it not unintentionally make it easier to handle.
#10firehockey91(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 4:58:24 PM
you guys ninja'd me but yeah that's exactly what I mean