This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would improved AI actually make the game easier?

#11FuneralCakePosted 11/3/2013 6:01:06 PM
Well, sure, if you only mean marginally better AI, I can see what you're saying.

But if the AI was good enough, it might know that, for example, you would expect it to use a Fighting type move, and might expect you to switch into a Ghost type, so the AI would then choose to select a Dark type move instead of Fighting.

What I'm trying to say is that the AI can be good enough to not be predictable, too.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#12PocketkoiPosted 11/3/2013 6:01:53 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Well, sure, if you only mean marginally better AI, I can see what you're saying.

But if the AI was good enough, it might know that, for example, you would expect it to use a Fighting type move, and might expect you to switch into a Ghost type, so the AI would then choose to select a Dark type move instead of Fighting.

What I'm trying to say is that the AI can be good enough to not be predictable, too.

This.
#13dth_bladePosted 11/3/2013 6:08:28 PM
My rock just beat your scissors. You'll probably use paper next to counter my rock, so I'll use scissors to counter your paper. But maybe you know I'm going to counter your counter so you'll use rock. So maybe I should counter your counter to counter my counter and use paper. Or maybe you'll counter my counter to your counter to my counter.
---
Stealing from one person is plagiarism. Stealing from ten people is research.
#14Nickcool1996Posted 11/3/2013 6:10:14 PM
dth_blade posted...
My rock just beat your scissors. You'll probably use paper next to counter my rock, so I'll use scissors to counter your paper. But maybe you know I'm going to counter your counter so you'll use rock. So maybe I should counter your counter to counter my counter and use paper. Or maybe you'll counter my counter to your counter to my counter.

Pokemon in a nutshell.
---
Atlus Fans In General: http://i.imgur.com/yyrgQjP.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
#15AleinAtrydaPosted 11/3/2013 6:21:52 PM
They could use an AI that learns based on your actions, and gets better at defeating you. They could even make it synchronize online to gather data from many players, generating even smarter AI.

Their online AI thing could also read smogon strategies from time to time, in order to figure out ways to counter their strategies.

After all pokemon is all about evolution! Let's make genius ever-evolving, learning AI, and battles against it as new BP facility.
---
PSN: TheAreinu (BFBC2, BlazBlue, LBP)
White 2 FC: 0047 2018 4094