This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ideas to build a team around mega aggron?

#1ManuKesnaPosted 11/4/2013 10:00:11 AM
I really like this pokemon so i would like a competitive team with him as the main pokemon of the team, i am a newbie at competitive battles so i would love some help
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
3DS FC: 4468 - 2328 - 5925 Trainer: Manu
#2ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 10:11:43 AM
bump
---
#3ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 10:15:35 AM
bump
---
#4Archwing3441Posted 11/4/2013 10:17:17 AM
just think of pokemon that can counter aggron, and find pokemon that can beat those pokemon. For example, Mega Aggron is weak to fire, ground, and fighting, and doesn't resist ghost, dark, electric and water. He's slow as hell but he has crazy defense, and when taking into consideration his ability, only special attack variation of those types will actually do decent damage (or extremely boosted attacks).

A few pokemon to watch out for:
Mega Lucario (or regular lucario, special variations are both threatening.).
Mega Gengar (can swap into an earthquake and mega evolve to trap you and nail you with focus blast. obviously should switch before that happens)
Mega Charizard Y will destroy this thing with flamethrower.

He has more counters but I'm too lazy to think of them, but yea, a good start would be to put more pokemon that can counter his counters.
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#5ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 11:06:36 AM
Archwing3441 posted...
just think of pokemon that can counter aggron, and find pokemon that can beat those pokemon. For example, Mega Aggron is weak to fire, ground, and fighting, and doesn't resist ghost, dark, electric and water. He's slow as hell but he has crazy defense, and when taking into consideration his ability, only special attack variation of those types will actually do decent damage (or extremely boosted attacks).

Mega Gengar (can swap into an earthquake and mega evolve to trap you and nail you with focus blast. obviously should switch before that happens)

He has more counters but I'm too lazy to think of them, but yea, a good start would be to put more pokemon that can counter his counters.

Damn and who can counter mega gengar? He seems like a beast with thay speed and sp attack lol
would gliscor be a good counter to gengar and lucario?
---
#6gunsndrosesPosted 11/4/2013 11:07:39 AM
ManuKesna posted...
Archwing3441 posted...

Damn and who can counter mega gengar? He seems like a beast with thay speed and sp attack lol
would gliscor be a good counter to gengar and lucario?

Any Pokemon with Sucker Punch / Shadow Sneak. Seriously, one hit, and it'd be KO'd.
---
3DS FC: 3153-4286-2384
Pokemon X/Y Friend Safari: Fire, with Larvesta/Ponyta
#7RahjikPosted 11/4/2013 11:09:29 AM
I do doubles with mega aggron and prankster klefki w/ reflect and light screen.
---
Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code: 0691-7424-6296
3DS Friend Code: 1950-8513-1273 Phantump, Lampent, Dusclops
#8ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 11:53:20 AM
Rahjik posted...
I do doubles with mega aggron and prankster klefki w/ reflect and light screen.

Haha damn that sounds annoying and awesome
---
#9ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 12:01:47 PM
Bump
---
#10elitelmoPosted 11/4/2013 12:03:09 PM
You could always make a team that's centered around trick room
Would give that aggron some serious offense power
---
Hydreigoon: Are you seriously tipping? The only thing that you should be tipping is your fedora
3DS FC: 2595 0434 8412