This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well, that was easy (concerning time based Mega Stones)

#1MoonLightCloudPosted 11/4/2013 12:25:10 PM
More BlogFaqs.

Just thought I'd post this since I remember seeing some people complain about the Mega Stones that you're only able to find from 8 PM to 9 PM and that this wasn't enough time or something.
Granted I had a list of locations (though they didn't have directions, I ran everywhere trying to find Alakazite and I had never been to the Chamber of Emptiness before) but I was able to get all of the post game Mega Stones within a span of about 30 minutes.

I started at around 8:10, got the Absolite and upgraded my Mega Ring and got all of the time based ones (plus Aerodactylite and Ampharosite) by around 8:40. Only ones I didn't get were Gardevoir and Mewtwo (because I'm going to SR for a decent Mewtwo).

TL;DR: It's very easy to get all of the Mega Stones in one sitting, though I do admit that it's odd/weird that they picked such a window of time to obtain such valuable/sought after items.
---
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo
#2DullahansXMarkPosted 11/4/2013 12:39:07 PM
I thought it was pretty easy too, though I had the same list that you had.

I can imagine it being a whole lot tougher for someone who doesn't use that list, though.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2707-2336-9403
#3MoonLightCloud(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 1:04:08 PM
DullahansXMark posted...
I thought it was pretty easy too, though I had the same list that you had.

I can imagine it being a whole lot tougher for someone who doesn't use that list, though.

I can't imagine doing it at all without the list, I mean, some are KINDA obvious (I know a 13 year old who found the Banette Mega Stone without a guide, you just figure something's gotta be there), but like Scizor's Mega Stone and Garchomp's, who'd just look there, ya know?
---
#4RatheVPosted 11/4/2013 1:07:36 PM
Bannette I could've guessed, alakazam I could've guessed (was really wondering what the point of that part of the cave was). Some of them you'd stumble across eventually because they're in towns (only a few of which you're likely ever to visit, though).

MAYBE tyranitarite because I don't think there was anything else in the area you find it.

But yeah, most of them are arbitrarily placed in locations where you basically need a guide to find them. But said guides make it easy to get all of them in one go, so it's an awkwardly-implemented restriction.
#5MoonLightCloud(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 5:23:16 PM
RatheV posted...
Bannette I could've guessed, alakazam I could've guessed (was really wondering what the point of that part of the cave was). Some of them you'd stumble across eventually because they're in towns (only a few of which you're likely ever to visit, though).

MAYBE tyranitarite because I don't think there was anything else in the area you find it.

But yeah, most of them are arbitrarily placed in locations where you basically need a guide to find them. But said guides make it easy to get all of them in one go, so it's an awkwardly-implemented restriction.

Yea, I mean, I don't think I would've ever revisited a gym for anything, especially an item, lol.

As for the town ones, I can see people stumbling upon them, but it'd have to be pretty lucky to be at 8-9 PM, lol.

But yea, totally agree. You'd have to be really searching everywhere to find them all on your own.
---