This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Received Bold Eevee in trade. What's a good mixed wall build for Sylveon?

#1Pervert_KuhnPosted 11/4/2013 3:30:19 PM
I plan to give it Leftovers, and am not sure how to EV train it.

As for moveset, it came with Wish and Yawn, which both sound good, so I was thinking:

Draining Kiss
Toxic
Yawn
Wish

Alternatively, I am also considering a Dual Screener, running

Draining Kiss
Toxic
Reflect
Light Screen

Any ideas for a more solid moveset and EV spread for mixed wall Sylveon?
---
The Official Almaz von Almandine Adamant of the Disgaea 4 Board
"****ing blocks...I'm gonna climb the **** outta you!"
#2-Oath-Posted 11/4/2013 3:33:26 PM
I'm not sure about a moveset but my Sylveon is also Bold and has Max HP and Max Special Attack EVs and I think I stuck the last few in defense.

I have her reflect for added defense and moonblast for the main attack and she's holding leftovers.
#3NextgrandcrossPosted 11/4/2013 3:34:00 PM
I would focus on it's defense, cause Sylveon is pretty damn fragile in that, also speed cause it's really slow.
#4Pervert_Kuhn(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 3:35:19 PM
It's always going to be slow, though, right? I was thinking HP and Def, with the left over 4 in SAtk or SDef.
---
#5-Oath-Posted 11/4/2013 3:36:32 PM
Nextgrandcross posted...
I would focus on it's defense, cause Sylveon is pretty damn fragile in that, also speed cause it's really slow.

Her speed can't be saved, but her defense can be, hence the bold nature.

Also, a calm mind can be devastating.
#6NextgrandcrossPosted 11/4/2013 3:37:13 PM
Pervert_Kuhn posted...
It's always going to be slow, though, right? I was thinking HP and Def, with the left over 4 in SAtk or SDef.

Actually yeah, go for HP instead of Speed. Theirs no way it's gonna outspeed a Dragonite or Garchomp anyway so might as well focus on having it take hits.
#7-Oath-Posted 11/4/2013 3:38:24 PM
Pervert_Kuhn posted...

That's what I did with my Goodra.
#8lisernPosted 11/4/2013 3:40:24 PM
Mine has:

252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

Wish
Protect
Moonblast
Shadow Ball

It's been working fine for me, can take some hits, heal with Wish + Protect and deal decent damage.
---
3DS FC: 2019-9797-2344
#9Pervert_Kuhn(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 3:42:27 PM
lisern posted...
Mine has:

252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

Wish
Protect
Moonblast
Shadow Ball

It's been working fine for me, can take some hits, heal with Wish + Protect and deal decent damage.

I've seen Shadow Balls run on Sylveon, but I find myself wondering why not Psyshock instead, so she can hit poison types for SE damage?
---
#10lisernPosted 11/4/2013 3:49:38 PM(edited)
Pervert_Kuhn posted...

I've seen Shadow Balls run on Sylveon, but I find myself wondering why not Psyshock instead, so she can hit poison types for SE damage?

The only common poison type is Gengar, and Shadow Ball takes care of him while being super effective vs psychics and neutral vs steels. Psyshock would only be useful against poison types anyways, since Moonblast already takes care of fighting types. But if you feel poisons are giving you trouble, you could run Psyshock instead.

Not that you'd want to stay against someone carrying a poison attack anyways
---
3DS FC: 2019-9797-2344