This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good teammates for Mawile?

#1ElSilverWindPosted 11/4/2013 10:50:10 PM
Greetings Gamefaqs, I'm preparing my first XY team and I have decided to choose Mawile to be my Mega (a rather popular choice apparently). I'm glad to see her get a nice boost like this; reminds me of my old Ruby playthrough . . .

My Mawile looks like:
Nickname: Kawaii
(Preferred Format: Singles)
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Mawilite
Nature: Adamant
IVs: 31/31/31/X/31/31
EV: 252 HP 252 Atk 6 Speed
Play Rough
Iron Head
Sucker Punch
Power-Up Punch

What I'm looking for are any good pokemon that would go well with her and cover her weaknesses, as well as which pokemon am I likely to come across that will check or counter her so that I can prepare for them.

#2Azure_FlamePosted 11/4/2013 10:51:28 PM
ElSilverWind posted...
Nickname: Kawaii

---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate
#3MuffinbitzPosted 11/4/2013 10:52:40 PM
Pretty much any dragon complements her well. My tanky Dragonite is doin its job really well with t wave support.
---
3DS FC: 2793 1003 7804 Key
#4___Vyser___Posted 11/4/2013 10:53:42 PM
Rotom-W makes a great partner for Mawile. If you really want to have some fun with Mawile, get a speed boost Scolipede (or Blaziken works) to pass on a Sword Dance and some speed boosts.
---
Old Fart Monster Hunter: MH (PS2), MHF, MHF2, MHP2nd G, MHFU, MH Tri, MHP3rd, MH3U
#5ElSilverWind(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 10:57:05 PM
___Vyser___ posted...
Rotom-W makes a great partner for Mawile. If you really want to have some fun with Mawile, get a speed boost Scolipede (or Blaziken works) to pass on a Sword Dance and some speed boosts.

*sees whirlipede in my friend safari*

That sounds pretty cool. :D

Can you recommend a moveset/nature?
#6Michael_PatcherPosted 11/6/2013 7:26:35 AM
ElSilverWind posted...
___Vyser___ posted...

*sees whirlipede in my friend safari*

That sounds pretty cool. :D

Can you recommend a moveset/nature?

+Def -SpA or +SpD -SpA Nature
EV in Def, SpD, and/or HP (Your choice)

Megahorn
Swords Dance
Protect
Baton Pass