This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

are you the type that...

#1santimariPosted 11/5/2013 3:07:45 AM
are you the type that releases pokemon after you get the pokedex? or are you the one that lets it rot inside(sounds like both is bad) anyway whats the best? we cant train all the pokemons we have?

but it feels like its such a waste...whether we release or keep..it just feels the same?
#2Adam_AcePosted 11/5/2013 3:09:39 AM
I, release the ones once I have it in the DEX (unless I like it's nature). Still in the game I do feel a slight sense of, obligation like that dude with his Lapras.
#3matodaPosted 11/5/2013 3:11:56 AM
WT them for a foreign mon and keep the foreign ones to use for the Lotto ID tickets. aka rot in the box

otherwise the 'one-off' mons from in-game like the Lapras & Lucario & the legendaries stay in another box. to rot
---
You look well, child.
#4VergilsGirlPosted 11/5/2013 3:13:25 AM
I'm one of those who runs a Living 'Dex, mainly because I know that there'll be another Pokemon game in a few years and keeping one of everything means that I won't have to go hunting for them all over again when Gen 7 comes out. It frees up my concentration for the newer ones.
---
3DS FC: 1134-7838-9821
Official head of the Kansas Assassin's branch for the ACIII boards
#5SuperSonicDBZPosted 11/5/2013 3:17:46 AM
VergilsGirl posted...
I'm one of those who runs a Living 'Dex, mainly because I know that there'll be another Pokemon game in a few years and keeping one of everything means that I won't have to go hunting for them all over again when Gen 7 comes out. It frees up my concentration for the newer ones.

I try to do this. But there are exceptions. For example, I got a Yanma over the GTS nicknamed "BAZABAZABAZA". I leveled it up until it evolved into Yanmega, had it produce an egg so I could have another Yanma without such an obnoxious nickname and then sent it packing into Wonder Trade with a Sitrus Berry.

For pokemon I plan on battling with, I'm using the Marking System. If it has battle potential, it gets a Star. If it's an HM slave or a "Field" Pokemon (Pickup, Compound Eyes, Flame Body, high level HM slave or PKMN Catcher), it gets a circle.

Once I finally fill out the Pokedex, I'll try getting a Battle Ready Pokemon of each evolution line.
---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A
#6Adam_AcePosted 11/5/2013 3:21:13 AM
VergilsGirl posted...

See this is, the common sense thing to do. Unfortunately I played all my games in the wrong order so it tends to become a little easy to mis mash some of my pokemon. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the plot I lose track of the Pokedex.
#7KibalnuzukaPosted 11/5/2013 3:40:08 AM
Not really, unless I got a bunch of the same Pokémon which I can easily breed for again. I have a living dex out of Pokémon all with different OT's and ID's. :p saves me some spots for the lottery, plus the day care man lets me know about eggs faster!
---
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point. - Kenji
#8MilenninPosted 11/5/2013 3:58:47 AM
I keep most of what I get from completing my PokéDex, but I trade some away if I can help someone with it or if I can get a good deal for it.
#9Tequila_ShotPosted 11/5/2013 4:17:33 AM
I keep a catalogue of breedable species lines. Like, I will only keep Bulbasaur, because there is no need for me to have Ivysaur or Venusaur in my catalogue.
---
Level 100 Pokemon Count: 199
On the Bubble, my 200th Pokemon: Female Shiny Dream World Mawile