This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Smogon doesn't want a "luck" based metagame.

#61Rook_the_RangerPosted 11/6/2013 9:57:13 AM
Miniman237 posted...
if smogon doesn't want a "luck" based metagame, then why do they allow you to use any damaging move except seismic toss/dragon rage/night shade/sonicboom?

Fixed damage moves aren't banned in anything except maybe little cup. I've seen Blisseys use seismic toss all the time.

The reason those moves are banned in little cup is because dragon rage can OHKO anything and sonic boom can 1-2HKO anything except whatever is immune to them.
---
3DS FC: 3539-9001-1157 Pokemon name: Luxoway
I need some FCs for friend safari. Feel free to pm me that you added me.
#62Twilight_SonataPosted 11/6/2013 2:15:31 PM
Miggi3Fr3sh posted...
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Miggi3Fr3sh posted...
A para-fusion-flinch is just as bad as evasion boosting.

It has already been explained numerous times how it is not.

But it really is.

Wow, how convincing.
---
"Amaura's been in my line up pretty much the entire game. Guess I'll start cramming protein down his throat for the next three hours."
- barneyonfire
#63DarkDragon386Posted 11/7/2013 7:22:06 AM
Rook_the_Ranger posted...
Miniman237 posted...
if smogon doesn't want a "luck" based metagame, then why do they allow you to use any damaging move except seismic toss/dragon rage/night shade/sonicboom?

Fixed damage moves aren't banned in anything except maybe little cup. I've seen Blisseys use seismic toss all the time.

The reason those moves are banned in little cup is because dragon rage can OHKO anything and sonic boom can 1-2HKO anything except whatever is immune to them.

He's arguing that with a completely luck free metagame, those should be the only things allowed because every other move has luck value to it.

You go to any Pokemon damage calc and the output will always have a min and max damage value due to a random number generation in the damage formula.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#64TurtleatlawPosted 11/7/2013 2:25:26 PM
Wow. Talk about logic fail.
---
FC: 1779 0670 2328