This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Early Tier Talks

#1epyon1995Posted 11/5/2013 6:15:30 AM
Yes alot of us hate discussing this sort of crap.....BUT what do you think about possible notable tier positions.

Imma start

I think Protean Greninja will become uber as hell!!!!
---
Hip hop never died, it was buried alive. If you press your ear against the ground, you can hear the underground sounds.- Uknown Poet
#2KillerMechanoidPosted 11/5/2013 6:19:23 AM
All the new non-Mega pokes will not be Uber save Xerneas/Yveltal.

Protean Greninja can hurt a lot and change type but he's frail.
Aegislash has lots of checks and counters.
Talonflame is walled by Rock types.
Zygarde's having to compete with Garchomp.
#3SalsaSavantPosted 11/5/2013 6:21:53 AM
Greninja is way too frail for Ubers.

I see it as solid OU, maybe UU if the hype dies down and people realize that it isn't as good as they're making it out to be.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#4Gogito4Posted 11/5/2013 6:23:50 AM
Greninja dies when you breathe on him. He's good, but I see him struggling in OU. Probably BL.

I still say Mega-Kang is too good for OU.
---
Tales of Xillia... here I come!
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#5Deathsword00Posted 11/5/2013 6:26:16 AM
Greninja is going to be BL or UU. Middling attack stats and tissue paper defenses make it easy fodder for most of the bulkier Pokemon of OU. Also with Klefki and the Genies running around, prankster induced paralysis shuts it down almost immediately. It's usage is going to drop significantly as the novelty wears off.

Talonflame is going BL. Too powerful for UU thanks to brave bird, but too weak to stealth rocks and other big OU threats to stick it out for too long.

Aegislash has a good shot at sticking in OU, but may drop after a while. You wouldn't know it based on what's out there now, but there are options to it other than the SD set everyone seems to be using these days. Plus, from a raw base stats perspective, the thing is incredibly powerful, which counts for something. If Aegislash can get a hit off, it's going to do some real damage.

Klefki, Goodra, Avalugg, and maybe a few others have a decent shot, but it's real slim pickings with this gen.
---
Yes.
#6Gogito4Posted 11/5/2013 6:28:47 AM
Only OUs that are 100% sure to come from this gen are Goodra and Aegislash. Oh, and Zygarde because he would suck in ubers.

Talonflame MAY be able to... if T-tar starts vanishing. T-tar will destroy Talon's usage if he continues.
---
Tales of Xillia... here I come!
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#7MegaLucarioPosted 11/5/2013 6:33:56 AM
Mega Genger and Blaziken will likely get banned to Ubers before long. Meanwhile Mawile, Kangaskan, Pinser, and MAYBE Gardevoir will be OU (once people discover how blasted good they are). The rest of the Mega's will be BL.

Meanwhile for the new Pokemon Aegislash and Talonflame will be OU (remember they don't have to be good in practice, just look good to noobs, Talonflame will be OU because "ZOMG PRIORITY BIRD MOVES!" despite the fact it suuuuuucks). Meanwhile Goodra and Barbarcle will be UU, and a couple more will probably also sneak in to UU. The rest of the new Mon will sink in to obscurity because they both look god awful and suck competitively.

Personally I think the biggest changes will happen with the older Pokemon this gen. With Stealth Rock receiving a MASSIVE nerf and weather abilities sucking a bit now more old Pokemon will have a chance to shine.
---
Official MegaLucario of the Pokemon X and Y boards
#8Ac3777Posted 11/5/2013 6:43:50 AM
People are underestimating Pro Greninja. I honestly think it will probably stay OU because it's like a pseudo Infernape.
---
PM me to add as friend :D
3DS: Jon - 3969 - 5035 - 8237
#9Deathsword00Posted 11/5/2013 6:59:15 AM
Ac3777 posted...
People are underestimating Pro Greninja. I honestly think it will probably stay OU because it's like a pseudo Infernape.

Nape has access to Close Combat and Flare Blitz, which make up for its not so high attack stats and allows it to do some real damage. Greninja's most powerful moves are Hydro Pump and Blizzard, which are both marred by poor accuracy. Unlike Greninja, it can also run a choice item quite nicely.

The other thing Nape has that Greninja doesn't is wide utility. Stealth Rock, recovery moves, Fake Out, and other moves give it a lot to work with. Greninja doesn't have a terrible movepool, but it's not nearly as diverse.
---
Yes.
#10SalsaSavantPosted 11/5/2013 7:05:34 AM(edited)
MegaLucario posted...
Mega Genger and Blaziken will likely get banned to Ubers before long. Meanwhile Mawile, Kangaskan, Pinser, and MAYBE Gardevoir will be OU (once people discover how blasted good they are). The rest of the Mega's will be BL.

Meanwhile for the new Pokemon Aegislash and Talonflame will be OU (remember they don't have to be good in practice, just look good to noobs, Talonflame will be OU because "ZOMG PRIORITY BIRD MOVES!" despite the fact it suuuuuucks). Meanwhile Goodra and Barbarcle will be UU, and a couple more will probably also sneak in to UU. The rest of the new Mon will sink in to obscurity because they both look god awful and suck competitively.

Most people play Talonflame badly, but it can be good if you're smart.

If you run...
Acrobatics
Roost
U-Turn
*other*

it can do some serious s***. U-Turn let's it get away from T-tar while still doing something about it. Priority Roost can let it get some healing even against electric enemies and makes SR less of a big deal.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.