This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

OMG, I found a shiny [insert pokemon here]

#11ClassyOldHatPosted 11/5/2013 10:27:49 AM
Lil_Puddin posted...
Shines don't mean jack. They're color swaps for frick's sake! If anything the encounter rate for shinies should be higher. I just want a white Mega Gengar. I don't want to make a trophy out of it.

Yeah, this is my opinion on the matter. I'm kinda glad they are becoming prominent. If anything I wish more shinies were available through hard work, rather than luck. Even if there are thousands of others like them, My shiny Haxorus and Garchomp have far more value to me than the random shiny cubchoo I ran into by accident, because I actually worked for it and had some memories attached to it as a result. Most of my random shinies don't really mean anything to me; I just hang on to them because that's what you do with shinies.
#12Muffinz0rzPosted 11/5/2013 10:29:53 AM(edited)
In my entire pokemon career, starting at R/B/Y, I had never found a single shiny (barring red Gyrados) until X/Y.

I didn't really count fishing chains because I was going out of my way to find shinies (4 Relicanth, a Poliwhirl and Dragalge).

Then, while EV training, I found a shiny Hoppip and Psyduck in the same day. I don't even feel special because it's too easy now.
---
Not changing this sig until Pat Benatar is in Super Smash Bros. (Started 8/31/2010)
3DS Friend Code: 1075 - 0844 - 9134 - GHOST: Pumkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops.
#13JediMasta12Posted 11/5/2013 10:34:38 AM
ClassyOldHat posted...
Lil_Puddin posted...
Shines don't mean jack. They're color swaps for frick's sake! If anything the encounter rate for shinies should be higher. I just want a white Mega Gengar. I don't want to make a trophy out of it.

Yeah, this is my opinion on the matter. I'm kinda glad they are becoming prominent. If anything I wish more shinies were available through hard work, rather than luck. Even if there are thousands of others like them, My shiny Haxorus and Garchomp have far more value to me than the random shiny cubchoo I ran into by accident, because I actually worked for it and had some memories attached to it as a result. Most of my random shinies don't really mean anything to me; I just hang on to them because that's what you do with shinies.

I made a topic yesterday where I mentioned and agreed with everything you guys just said, and people freaking the heck out. I would prepare yourselves.
---
PSN: Jing07
3DS: 1289 - 8383 - 9422
#14jongiplanePosted 11/5/2013 10:35:34 AM
Any shinies of Pokes that are gen VI and non-friend safari non-fishing will be the most valuable.
#15yediPosted 11/5/2013 10:37:18 AM
I've seen ONE shiny that wasn't Gyrados. It was back in G/S/C, and it was a shiny sandshrew. I haven't seen a single one since. My coworker has found/hatched 3 so far(2 wild pokemon, 1 hatched blue tyrunt from his SECOND GODDAMN EGG EVER). He hasn't used the Pokeradar, nor was he using the Matsuda breeding method.

It's infuriating. 200 hours in, hundreds of eggs hatched, dozens of boxes of babies fired into the wild blue "Wondertrade" yonder, zero shinys. Keep saying "They're too common" all you want, but I still ain't seen a second one in over 10 frigging years, so they're not ~THAT~ common. You can certainly help your chances, but there's still a lot of RNG stacked against you no matter what method you use.
---
XBL: rune yedi WII: 7327 0713 1219 5379 PS3: yedi
3DS: 2105-8991-4102 yedi.deviantart.com