This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why doesn't GameFreak buff Ice already?

#1ViciousJxxPosted 11/5/2013 10:12:31 AM
Think about it.
Currently there are only a few good ice pokemon and they're good for reasons other than being ice. Ice is only wanted as a move type right now. Slap Ice Beam on another poke and you're good to go.

No one wants to use actual ice types, especially since most of them (including the new ones we got this gen) are more on the defensive side. Well that's nice, but ice has the possibly worst defensive typing.

Ice needs buffs:
Make it resistant to Water.
Make it resistant to Ground.
Maybe buff Hail as well.

I can't understand how GF is neglecting Ice this much. It's like someone over there really hates the cold and takes it out on this type.
#2RDS1Posted 11/5/2013 10:17:41 AM
Make Ice-types have a passive Water Absorb ability in Hail.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#3SirRobXPosted 11/5/2013 10:18:05 AM
I don't think it's really the type itself that needs a buff, it just needs Pokemon that can actually make use of its powerful offensive coverage. For some reason we've only been seeing defensive ice types the past two generations.
---
3DS Code: 3394-4061-9856
#4Caruru_CloverPosted 11/5/2013 10:19:44 AM
ICE needs defense buffs .Most pokemon with ice typing suffer for it. Such as avalugg who would be 10x better as a different type.
#5buttertoast94Posted 11/5/2013 10:20:03 AM
SirRobX posted...
I don't think it's really the type itself that needs a buff, it just needs Pokemon that can actually make use of its powerful offensive coverage. For some reason we've only been seeing defensive ice types the past two generations.

^This. Ice would be amazing if we actually got some fast heavy hitters to go with it.
---
DOJYAAA~~N!
#6ScarlettailPosted 11/5/2013 10:21:09 AM
I doubt GF really cares that much about balancing the elements, but Ice has always been a fun and neat type to try, at least for me. Overcoming their weaknesses is part of the challenge in using them.
#7Caruru_CloverPosted 11/5/2013 10:22:16 AM
buttertoast94 posted...
SirRobX posted...

^This. Ice would be amazing if we actually got some fast heavy hitters to go with it.

Kyurem
#8DexterTheThirdPosted 11/5/2013 10:23:33 AM
All I want is for Hail to get the same treatment as Sandstorm and give Ice types a defense and/or special defense boost. Give more Ice types Freeze Dry and you'll have some compelling reasons to use them.
---
Formerly known as Hero Fly Chao. 3DS FC - 0087 2307 1826
"Dex I love you but sometimes you make me wanna vomit" - vidgameking84
#9bonannPosted 11/5/2013 10:23:57 AM
Caruru_Clover posted...
buttertoast94 posted...
SirRobX posted...

Kyurem

We're talking about pure Ice.
---
3DS: 4313-0687-5263
#10Blingya25Posted 11/5/2013 10:24:40 AM
It's because Ice-types are weak against the most common attacks out there. Combine that with horrible typing like Abomasnow, Grass/Ice, they won't last at all.

If you take away Rock and Fighting Weakness and leave Fire and Steel, it would be at least, somewhat, viable.

And most of the Ice-type, as someone said earlier, are all defensive, which... they can't survive with anything in this game as of now, they won't see anything.
---
Let the Power of Youth Exploud!!