This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why doesn't GameFreak buff Ice already?

#51SazukeEXPosted 11/5/2013 10:46:54 AM
Why use a real lce type when Greninja gets Protean? He's fast enough to switch types too so he doesn't suffer from Ice Weakness when the enemy tries to counter attack.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3609 - 2155 - 4967
Trainer Name: Rob. Friend Safari - Fighting: Mankey, Throh, and Riolu. PM me if you add me so I can add you.
#52SoothesayerPosted 11/5/2013 10:49:20 AM
SazukeEX posted...
Why use a real lce type when Greninja gets Protean? He's fast enough to switch types too so he doesn't suffer from Ice Weakness when the enemy tries to counter attack.
Not everybody wants to use Greninja?
#53bd43Posted 11/5/2013 10:53:26 AM
It's worth pointing out that fighting and ground are significantly better offensive types without being broken or corrupt.

And I'm even in favor of taking one buff at a time for Rock, Ice, and Bug, so long as they're making the effort.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#54CaliberChampPosted 11/5/2013 10:56:32 AM
I never had a true ice type on main team. I tried aurorus out but its hopeless. Lacks resistances and has lots of weaknesses and a lot of ice types are hail dependant which also screws up team synergy unless you are going for the ice gym leader route.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman Arkham city
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z, EVE Online.
#55ClassyOldHatPosted 11/5/2013 11:00:10 AM
bd43 posted...
It's worth pointing out that fighting and ground are significantly better offensive types without being broken or corrupt.

And I'm even in favor of taking one buff at a time for Rock, Ice, and Bug, so long as they're making the effort.

But-but-but IMMUNITIES, man!

Never mind that ghost is pretty rare, and despite not just a whole type being immune to it, but Pokemon with certain abilities, items, and moves, too, Earthquake is THE most used purely damaging attack on Pokemon Showdown, and on Smogon's list of "top 10 most influential moves." Those immunities clearly stop these moves from being anything but garbage.

But seriously, fire hits and is resisted by just as many things as Ice, and it gets to have some resistances. So really, there is no excuse for the myth of binary "offensive/defensive" types.
#56chaoshadouPosted 11/5/2013 11:01:18 AM
bd43 posted...
chaoshadou posted...
Caruru_Clover posted...
chaoshadou posted...
Caruru_Clover posted...
ICE needs defense buffs .Most pokemon with ice typing suffer for it. Such as avalugg who would be 10x better as a different type.

Avalugg would be OP if he were a different type.

Proof that ice type sucks. Also avalugg has terrible special defense and speed. Which means he is forced to switch if a special sweeper is switched in.

There are no walls in ou who are weak to stealth rock. Ice type walls are awful.

Ice typing is one of the better offensive types in the game, similar to rock, both of which have horrible and ever prevalent weaknesses. As a matter of fact, rock has more weaknesses than Ice does, and half of it's resistances are irrelevant on the offensive spectrum.

And it doesn't really matter that avalugg has terribad speed and special defense, so do a large majority of physically dedicated walls, the fact is that he's a amazingly tanky rapid spinner that can take SE damage from high base attack targets and do so comfortably. He's also one of two rapid spinners with access to recover

The ever prevalent 'Offensive type' garbage argument that shows you don't understand how the game works is part of the issue.

Pokemon can use moves outside of their type. Offensive typings suck. You can't build a metagame like that. Rock is bad too, but with an actively decent weather and an intelligent offset with resistances, the type is a lot closer to working.

Every Ice pokemon in the game would trade a rock resistance to it's stab to drop it's fighting weakness. Then Rock can lose it's Ground Weakness and Ice can resist Water and the Metagame would work for everyone but Bug.

Uh, you're not supposed to build a metagame around a single type of playstyle.
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand