This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Masuda AND IV breeding question.

#1D0CR0CKPosted 11/5/2013 10:20:07 AM
So I received a Japanese Espurr over wondertrade.

I had already planed to IV breed one, however since this one has no effect IV's how would I go about keeping the foreign esuprr in while still breeding for IVs?

Would I have to breed a near perfect espurr then breed it with the foreign one? That would still have a low chance as there's to guarantee the shiny would even have the right IVs. Correct?

Ideas?
#2D0CR0CK(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 10:32:50 AM
bump?
#3TheResidentEvilPosted 11/5/2013 10:35:50 AM
yeah you would need a 5IV espur and then your bad one. Then you would have to hope for all 5IVs to come from the good espur AND for it to be shiny. Odds are NOT in your favor. However, its possible you could get 2 or 3 IVs on your shiny that way.
---
3DS: 3840 - 5923 - 1841
#4D0CR0CK(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 10:38:26 AM
TheResidentEvil posted...
yeah you would need a 5IV espur and then your bad one. Then you would have to hope for all 5IVs to come from the good espur AND for it to be shiny. Odds are NOT in your favor. However, its possible you could get 2 or 3 IVs on your shiny that way.

Yikes!
Well thanks for the answer.
#5matodaPosted 11/5/2013 10:40:09 AM
you could get a pair of 5IV Espurrs, send them to someone with a foreign game, have them hatch you a few eggs [usually about five or so]. have them trade the eggs back and hope you get at least one decent 5IV from that batch

bam. foreign 5IV Espurrs for some MM action :>
---
You look well, child.
#6musumanePosted 11/5/2013 10:40:55 AM
D0CR0CK posted...
So I received a Japanese Espurr over wondertrade.

I had already planed to IV breed one, however since this one has no effect IV's how would I go about keeping the foreign esuprr in while still breeding for IVs?

Would I have to breed a near perfect espurr then breed it with the foreign one? That would still have a low chance as there's to guarantee the shiny would even have the right IVs. Correct?

Ideas?

Your best bet is to get two 5 IV ones, get a few eggs, and ask on trade boards if someone ( foreign ) can hatch them. If they hatch a 5 IV one for you , your good to MM without issues.
---
Want the classic look? http://www.gamefaqs.com/?throwback=1
Then go to your setting and change to whichever you want