This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone help me out breeding here?

#1PikassassinPosted 11/5/2013 7:43:54 PM
I heard about the new breeding method, but not really sure how to use it to my advantage.

I have a Marill with three 31 IVs. I have a Ditto with 4 31 IVs, so 1 is overlapping. Together, I have all of them, but I don't need my Ditto's 31 in Sp Attack.

From what I understand I check the spread of the Pokemon I get, and reject the egg if it's not the one I want. But how is that any different than just going through a bunch of eggs?
#2Pikassassin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 7:50:48 PM
bump
#3ShikazurePosted 11/5/2013 8:04:49 PM
its not a new breeding method exactly its just a way to possibly make it easier. there is a topic on it
---
PSN & GT: somePUNK91
3DS FC: 4339-3910-6021 (PM me if you add)
#4FuneralCakePosted 11/5/2013 8:08:23 PM
Read the topics about how it works.

Basically what happens is that you first test to see which IV spread you'll get from the parents. The first egg generated any time you reset or turn on the game will always have that IV spread. Once you know the IV spread and the inheritance, you can use that to your advantage to get the IV spread you want, assuming you have the Pokemon to pass down those IVs.

Again, read the topics about it for more info.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#5Pikassassin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 8:09:29 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Read the topics about how it works.

Basically what happens is that you first test to see which IV spread you'll get from the parents. The first egg generated any time you reset or turn on the game will always have that IV spread. Once you know the IV spread and the inheritance, you can use that to your advantage to get the IV spread you want, assuming you have the Pokemon to pass down those IVs.

Again, read the topics about it for more info.

I did read the topic. And I drew the same conclusion.

I have a Ditto with 4 perfect IVs and a male Marill with 3. Together they cover everything. I don't have any equivalent other parents. how can this possibly benefit me?
#6FuneralCakePosted 11/5/2013 8:12:41 PM
If you don't have the right IVs to take advantage of it, it doesn't benefit you at all.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#7Pikassassin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 8:14:41 PM
I see.