This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do people use Mega Mawile?

#21KoopaSoupPosted 11/5/2013 8:36:14 PM
GuerillaGorilla posted...
I forgot that it gets Huge power. But really, Sucker punch spam all day is what it does?

Baton pass a speed boost or two, it can sweep without sucker punch. With dual screen support, it's already admirable staying power is seriously boosted, so it can easily tank. You don't have a ton of options, but it's definitely not a one trick pony.
---
You're the kinda guy who was surprised to find out that Stephen Colbert isn't really a republican, aren't you?
3ds fc: 2062-9394-7231
#22NextgrandcrossPosted 11/5/2013 8:37:52 PM
Natwaf_akidna posted...
Which is faster? Mawile or Aegislash?

Aegislash, but my particular Mawile was heavily EV trained in Speed so I tend to out-priority Aegislash's Shadow Sneak.

Not gonna save me from Mega Scizors Bullet Punch Through.
#23GuerillaGorilla(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 8:43:52 PM
I see, so MMawile's speed is not as much of a detriment as I thought it was.

The true purpose of this thread was to see if I can pick out some info to help me with other low base speed mons without having to resort to Trick room.
---
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
3DS FC: Tony 0748-1993-0631
#24Dann981Posted 11/6/2013 7:01:58 PM
At best bet mega mawille can be used with focus sash to 1 hit k o a large number of dragon type. but without a focus sash its speed makes it utterly useless. even hidden power dragonite can 1 hit k o it as well as mega blaziken mega gengar etc. its a waste of a slot and a huge waste of a mega evolution. you want a good mega stick to blaziken and gengar or alakizam. speed boost blaziken that uses protect on its first turn will be faster then 90% of any pokemon just by that first stage speed boost. jolly nature trumps anything that didn't itself use an agility or high priority move. steel is a very easy type to counter. as is fairy. plus mega gengar with dark pulse dazzling gleam thunder and shadow ball is a monster. haven't lost an online battle with him yet
---
3DS Friend code: 2552-1258-5440
PSN: Nemisis666
#25KoopaSoupPosted 11/6/2013 10:53:30 PM
Dann981 posted...
At best bet mega mawille can be used with focus sash to 1 hit k o a large number of dragon type. but without a focus sash its speed makes it utterly useless. even hidden power dragonite can 1 hit k o it as well as mega blaziken mega gengar etc. its a waste of a slot and a huge waste of a mega evolution. you want a good mega stick to blaziken and gengar or alakizam. speed boost blaziken that uses protect on its first turn will be faster then 90% of any pokemon just by that first stage speed boost. jolly nature trumps anything that didn't itself use an agility or high priority move. steel is a very easy type to counter. as is fairy. plus mega gengar with dark pulse dazzling gleam thunder and shadow ball is a monster. haven't lost an online battle with him yet

MegaMawile is defensively sound, with intimidate before mega evolution, high defense and manageable special defense, and steel/fairy is definitely not a very easy type to counter, with only two weaknesses, one of which is weak to rocks. It's definitely not a waste of a slot or a mega evo. No pokemon is flawless, either. Even the three you listed a share a noticeable flaw or two, i.e. a weakness to priority and an overall frailness.
---
You're the kinda guy who was surprised to find out that Stephen Colbert isn't really a republican, aren't you?
#26Ghost_61636Posted 11/6/2013 10:55:00 PM
Dann981 posted...

You can't use Mega Mawile with a Focus Sash or any other item that's not Mawilite >_>
---
FC: 4484-8954-1471
#27DrazeePosted 11/6/2013 10:57:22 PM
Dann981 posted...

Mega Mawile with Focus Sash, huh? Why don't you Life Orb your Mega Gengar while you are at it?

The interesting thing about Mega Mawile besides it's titanic attack stat, is that it can only be used to it's max potential with good prediction, and arguably, team support. Mispredicting a Sucker Punch means you waste a very valuable turn that could have been used to attack regularly, Swords Dance, or switch out, all of which are important to M-Mawile. I've messed up predictions, and it ends up with someone getting a free Swords Dance, and Sucker Punch does not OHKO everything in the game unboosted. Dual Screens Mawile is scarily bulky, particularly VS physical attacks because of intmidate. I bait Garchomp EQs all the time, and survive solely because of Intimidate. It's even more terrifying if you can manage to get a Tailwind or Speed Boosts on it via Baton Pass. Scoliopede and M-Mawile is actually a popular combo for this very reason alone.

When it comes to other Megas, it's very predictable for a M-Blaziken to use Protect, which will prompt me to Swords Dance. After that, you should switch out, because I think Sucker Punch OHKOs. Same thing with Mega Gengar, particulary one with only attacking moves instead of Disable, or Substitute. M-Alakazam, I have not seen, but I know that a Sucker Punch would destroy unless you are planning to cripple Mawile via status or something. You are underestimating Mega Mawile's bulk, which is fairly reputable in the hands of a competent player.

Steel/Fairy is such a fantastic typing. Fire and Ground are the only two weaknesses with a very large amount of resistances, and thanks to Intimidate, most of the physical users of those types have a lot more trouble against M-Mawile than usual(Garchomp, Blaziken, Aegislash, Talonflame etc.)

The way I see it, Mega Mawile is kind of like Talonflame (they are actually pretty great partners as well, try it out). It's not really meant to the center of a hyper offense team like most fast Megas, but instead, something to STOP them and retaliate with Huge Power'd moves.

There are probably some holes in my logic, but please understand the general gist. Not every team can just throw on a Mega Mawile and win games. However, a team built with a Mega Mawile in consideration, and with enough foresight to cover it's weak points and emphasize it's strong ones, is very dificult to stop. It's really something fantastic for a pokemon that has been NU since Gen III.
---
X FC: Koh 2105-9162-7200
#28KoopaSoupPosted 11/6/2013 11:02:38 PM
Drazee posted...
Dann981 posted...

Mega Mawile with Focus Sash, huh? Why don't you Life Orb your Mega Gengar while you are at it?

The interesting thing about Mega Mawile besides it's titanic attack stat, is that it can only be used to it's max potential with good prediction, and arguably, team support. Mispredicting a Sucker Punch means you waste a very valuable turn that could have been used to attack regularly, Swords Dance, or switch out, all of which are important to M-Mawile. I've messed up predictions, and it ends up with someone getting a free Swords Dance, and Sucker Punch does not OHKO everything in the game unboosted. Dual Screens Mawile is scarily bulky, particularly VS physical attacks because of intmidate. I bait Garchomp EQs all the time, and survive solely because of Intimidate. It's even more terrifying if you can manage to get a Tailwind or Speed Boosts on it via Baton Pass. Scoliopede and M-Mawile is actually a popular combo for this very reason alone.

When it comes to other Megas, it's very predictable for a M-Blaziken to use Protect, which will prompt me to Swords Dance. After that, you should switch out, because I think Sucker Punch OHKOs. Same thing with Mega Gengar, particulary one with only attacking moves instead of Disable, or Substitute. M-Alakazam, I have not seen, but I know that a Sucker Punch would destroy unless you are planning to cripple Mawile via status or something. You are underestimating Mega Mawile's bulk, which is fairly reputable in the hands of a competent player.

Steel/Fairy is such a fantastic typing. Fire and Ground are the only two weaknesses with a very large amount of resistances, and thanks to Intimidate, most of the physical users of those types have a lot more trouble against M-Mawile than usual(Garchomp, Blaziken, Aegislash, Talonflame etc.)

The way I see it, Mega Mawile is kind of like Talonflame (they are actually pretty great partners as well, try it out). It's not really meant to the center of a hyper offense team like most fast Megas, but instead, something to STOP them and retaliate with Huge Power'd moves.

There are probably some holes in my logic, but please understand the general gist. Not every team can just throw on a Mega Mawile and win games. However, a team built with a Mega Mawile in consideration, and with enough foresight to cover it's weak points and emphasize it's strong ones, is very dificult to stop. It's really something fantastic for a pokemon that has been NU since Gen III.

Hear, hear. What I was trying to explain explained ten times better.
---
#29GeminiWKPosted 11/6/2013 11:10:18 PM(edited)
Would mega Tyranitar be able to counter mega mawile? Sure M.Mawile has two stabs against him, but Tyranitar outspeeds it and can easily resist sucker punch as well, EQ should be able to kill mega mawile, assuming intimidate doesn't strike that turn.
---
FR:0645-7206-2116
#30PaladinCrusaderPosted 11/6/2013 11:07:44 PM
Find an opening to Sword Dance and throw Sucker Punches

Here's my recent battle with her if you're interested:

342G-WWWW-WWW2-JAKE
---
PSN: TukangJamu
FC: 0275-7638-5576 | Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, Dusclops