This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Physically or specially defensive for a Togekiss?

#1LRodCPosted 11/6/2013 8:06:56 PM
I'm training up a paraflinch Togekiss to counter dragons and wall for the most part. What should I focus on, physical or special defense?
---
3DS FC: 1461-6200-7452
GameFAQs: Moderating you for your opinion since 1999.
#2Azure_FlamePosted 11/6/2013 8:08:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Gameandwatch2Posted 11/6/2013 8:11:26 PM(edited)
Physical, because the vast majority of dragon types are physical, and even if you don't train for special defense, the few special attackers aren't going to be able to take down Togekiss before they get KO'd (Unless they predicted your switch-in with a Steel or Electric type move).

Training Togekiss for speed honestly seems kind of pointless if you're trying to use it specifically as a dragon counter, as it can only speed tie the slowest dragons at best, and all of the others are either always going to be faster or are so slow you can outspeed without investment. Most people just rely on Thunder Wave and Air Slash flinching instead (Though that won't work on Garchomp, obviously).
---
Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937
3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Flying Safari: Swanna, Spearow, Doduo)
#4LRodC(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 8:42:14 PM
Gameandwatch2 posted...
Physical, because the vast majority of dragon types are physical, and even if you don't train for special defense, the few special attackers aren't going to be able to take down Togekiss before they get KO'd (Unless they predicted your switch-in with a Steel or Electric type move).

Training Togekiss for speed honestly seems kind of pointless if you're trying to use it specifically as a dragon counter, as it can only speed tie the slowest dragons at best, and all of the others are either always going to be faster or are so slow you can outspeed without investment. Most people just rely on Thunder Wave and Air Slash flinching instead (Though that won't work on Garchomp, obviously).

I'm EVing in HP and whatever defense is better. I'm not really sure where to go since he's immune to most dragon's attacks.
---
3DS FC: 1461-6200-7452
GameFAQs: Moderating you for your opinion since 1999.