This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Rival was best? - EXTRA Poll

#51NightmareGammaPosted 11/7/2013 4:14:59 PM
Lexifox posted...
Most of the rivals do this, like N.

Okay, I actually forgot here that I only played Black and white 2, not 1. however, most people don't actually see "N" as a rival. I haven't played B&W1 so I can't upon that, however, from what I know your rival was someone else. However, which other Rival, dispite "N", was actually always a step ahead?

N beat the Champion and Elite Four. Blue only beat the Elite Four.

That actually is only interpretation. from what we know so far, There is always the elite 4, and the champ. No other game implies that someone was already considered champ after beating just the elite 4. So there is a HIGH Probability that there was another champ before blue arrived, which he has to beat before. but that is all interpretation, but from we know from any other game in the series, this is actually the way how you become champ... by actually beat the current Champ!

Same for N.

again, can't talk about that.

The Elite Four changed.

yeah, and Lance become the new Champ... But, as you might already figured out yourself, blue has BEATEN LANCE to become champ/fight current Champ in Kanto! So the man who is now the champ is the man who already got beaten by former champ who was beaten by the current champ!
---
#52Companion_Cube_Posted 11/7/2013 4:15:34 PM
Lexifox posted...
NightmareGamma posted...
4. After he lost to Red (aka YOU), he become the successor of Giovanni as the next viridian City Gym-leader and the only Gym-Leader who is not specifically using one Pokemon Type. This makes him also to the strongest Gym-Leader canonwise, even stronger than the elite 4 (bewcause he beat them all before)!

The Elite Four changed.

He's still stronger than them in GSC.
---
Pokemon Y Friend Safari Pokemon: Dedenne, Electabuzz, Zebstricka
3DS FC: 3024 - 5019 - 8681 (PM me to add me)
#53GolurkcanflyPosted 11/7/2013 4:16:37 PM
NightmareGamma posted...
Lexifox posted...
Most of the rivals do this, like N.

Okay, I actually forgot here that I only played Black and white 2, not 1. however, most people don't actually see "N" as a rival. I haven't played B&W1 so I can't upon that, however, from what I know your rival was someone else. However, which other Rival, dispite "N", was actually always a step ahead?

That actually is only interpretation. from what we know so far, There is always the elite 4, and the champ. No other game implies that someone was already considered champ after beating just the elite 4. So there is a HIGH Probability that there was another champ before blue arrived, which he has to beat before. but that is all interpretation, but from we know from any other game in the series, this is actually the way how you become champ... by actually beat the current Champ!

Same for N.

The Elite Four changed.

yeah, and Lance become the new Champ... But, as you might already figured out yourself, blue has BEATEN LANCE to become champ/fight current Champ in Kanto! So the man who is now the champ is the man who already got beaten by former champ who was beaten by the current champ!

Guess what?

Lance probably beat Blue afterwards to gain the title of Champion.
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.
#54GolurkcanflyPosted 11/7/2013 4:17:07 PM
Companion_Cube_ posted...
Lexifox posted...
NightmareGamma posted...
4. After he lost to Red (aka YOU), he become the successor of Giovanni as the next viridian City Gym-leader and the only Gym-Leader who is not specifically using one Pokemon Type. This makes him also to the strongest Gym-Leader canonwise, even stronger than the elite 4 (bewcause he beat them all before)!

The Elite Four changed.

Psst.

Rematch.
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.
#55NextgrandcrossPosted 11/7/2013 4:18:00 PM
rojse posted...
Nextgrandcross posted...
Yeah I consider N a Rival too, a more serious one which the fate of the region depended on.

Speaking of Rivals, look at this awesome pic by the ever so talented Souji.
http://exerondo.sakura.ne.jp/image/gallery/Rival.png

That pic was awesome. Thank you for posting that.

No prob, this is problemly the best Rival pic you can find on the web, by one of the best Pokemon artis out their.
#56Sloth9230Posted 11/7/2013 4:21:26 PM(edited)
NightmareGamma posted...

Lance flat out says that you would be champion if it wasn't for Blue beating the league first. There was no champ before Blue.
#57shadowenclave47Posted 11/7/2013 4:20:17 PM
I already knew this poll would be biased towards Blue.
---
3DS FC 3539-9421-0380
#58LexifoxPosted 11/7/2013 4:21:41 PM
NightmareGamma posted...

It wasn't uncommon for you to go to a gym and have him leave as you do so. He is frequently in the area just before you.

No Champion is ever named in Gen 1. It's implied that they wanted Oak to take the role.

Yet you tried~

But even if he beat Lance, there wasn't a "Champion". Lance was just the strongest of the Elite Four.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#59MonadAlvisPosted 11/7/2013 4:25:14 PM
Man, I don't even remember Barry. Gen 4...
---
The only reason people have to replace a broken Nintendo product is because they can't make discs out of Nintendium.
#60LexifoxPosted 11/7/2013 4:25:22 PM
Companion_Cube_ posted...
Lexifox posted...
NightmareGamma posted...

The Elite Four changed.

1. Retconned with HG/SS.
2. Barry had higher leveled Pokemon.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod