This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Rival was best? - EXTRA Poll

#61Hirokey123Posted 11/7/2013 5:26:47 PM
I'm legit curious where is it implied Oak would have been pokemon champion?
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#62LexifoxPosted 11/7/2013 5:27:33 PM
Hirokey123 posted...
I'm legit curious where is it implied Oak would have been pokemon champion?

Game data shows that Oak could have been battled with a high level team, and he has an e-mail requesting that he, specifically, go to the League.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#63NightmareGammaPosted 11/7/2013 5:30:30 PM
Golurkcanfly posted...
Companion_Cube_ posted...
Lexifox posted...
NightmareGamma posted...
4. After he lost to Red (aka YOU), he become the successor of Giovanni as the next viridian City Gym-leader and the only Gym-Leader who is not specifically using one Pokemon Type. This makes him also to the strongest Gym-Leader canonwise, even stronger than the elite 4 (bewcause he beat them all before)!

The Elite Four changed.

He's still stronger than them in GSC.

Psst.

Rematch.

when and where?

I don't think he ever got a rematch. It actually seems that the only reason why Lance is Champion is because red was tired, or thought to be not ready, or whatever reason, being "strapped" on a throne as champ, where he needs to battle everyone who challenges him. It actually seems that he wanted to become stronger and stronger, train in a place where most people could not reach him, under extreme circumstances, not even visting his mother anymore, in order to become the ultimate Trainer.

It seems that the League needed a new champion, and the reason why it isn't blue could be
1. He already got the Gym Leader title and was happy enough with it or thinks that there is a greater chance to fight against other trainers thqn being champ (because the chance of beating the elite 4 is lower than defeating the other gyms, so there is a bigger chance to fight others while still fighting officially for the League)
or, which is more likely,
2. He didn't see a point in taking the spot without "earning" it by beating the current Champion, which would actually mean that he is just a "false" Champ, only taking the spot because the other is gone. So Lance was just a fill in because they had nothing else to offer. Maybe they actually wanted that blue fights with lance to earn the title, however, Blue already beat Lance before and lance is not even the real champ, so, again, seeing no point in that.
---
#64Hirokey123Posted 11/7/2013 5:31:20 PM
Huh wow I wonder why the changed that, and it's a shame they did seeing as we didn't get to battle a professor until Sycamore. I hope Sycamore remains a reoccuring character we can battle in the next version it's so fun to fight him. Though if you consider Coloress a pokemon professor he would be our first pokemon professor battle.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#65Sloth9230Posted 11/7/2013 5:33:10 PM
NightmareGamma posted...

when and where?

At the Plateau after you beat the Kanto gyms?
#66NightmareGammaPosted 11/7/2013 5:54:51 PM
Sloth9230 posted...
NightmareGamma posted...

when and where?

At the Plateau after you beat the Kanto gyms?

Wait, I got that wrong. With rematch I thought he meant Blue got a rematch, didn't noticed he meant the player.
---
#67MCcakePosted 11/7/2013 5:57:56 PM
May

lel
---
Currently playing: Kid Icarus Uprising, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
3DS FC: 4055-3491-9170/ Jam, the mayor of Bunma