This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how to find rotom in lost hotel?

#1TommymasterPosted 11/8/2013 12:41:55 AM
I mean can he appear anywhere? or just a specific spot...im on tuesday btw
---
Even if i go to hell, i will live till the end of this world. and if the world does not come to an end... i will destroy it with my own hands! - Lacan
#2LontaBeansPosted 11/8/2013 12:58:51 AM
Just open trash cans around the hotel. He'll come out...
---
[::[__]::] Playing) Pokemon X and Y (3DS)
[+[__]::] ~3DS FC: 1289-8495-8484 ~
#3Tommymaster(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 1:12:24 AM
trying to reset the cans...with no luck...date changing doesnt work?
---
Even if i go to hell, i will live till the end of this world. and if the world does not come to an end... i will destroy it with my own hands! - Lacan
#4LontaBeansPosted 11/8/2013 1:15:29 AM
Tommymaster posted...

I've heard date changing in this game disables all timed events in the game for 48-72 hours. So don't do it. It's not ACNL anymore.
---
[::[__]::] Playing) Pokemon X and Y (3DS)
[+[__]::] ~3DS FC: 1289-8495-8484 ~
#5SocranPosted 11/8/2013 1:28:29 AM
LontaBeans posted...
Tommymaster posted...

I've heard date changing in this game disables all timed events in the game for 48-72 hours. So don't do it. It's not ACNL anymore.

It disables "once a day" events, but not events that are determined by the date.

That said, it does affect "once a day" events that are determined by the date, such as getting the ribbons in the hotels... I'm not sure if the trash cans count as that. If they're ever capable of "refreshing" during the same day, then it shouldn't be affected by the time change.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#6ElNurglingPosted 11/8/2013 1:35:33 AM
Best way to find Rotom (or any other item/monster that comes from a shaking trash can) is to find a shaking can, save the game, and keep resetting the game until you get what you're looking for. After opening a can it will take quite a while for it to reset - not sure if it's a 24 hour thing, but leaving and re-entering the hotel definitely won't reset them.

I think Rotom appears in the hotel cans only on Tuesdays, and Banette can be found in the Pokémon Village cans on Thursdays.
---
3DS FC 4511-0567-3041
Martijn - inofficial pesky Claw using git of Kid Icarus Uprising's online modes