This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trick and Black Sludge

#1JarickoPosted 11/8/2013 6:51:44 PM
Curious if anyone knows of a good pokemon who can use and trick black sludge. I know i could just trick a toxic orb or something to someone but black sludge is in some ways better. Your robbing your opponent and black sludge hurts steel types. So i am curious if there is a pokemon i could use to abuse this fact. Anyone got any ideas?
---
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "
#2TheSaintGPosted 11/8/2013 6:54:43 PM
gengar can but so can reuniclus. the only thing is they can both trick choice items or assualt vest if they want to cripple them
---
Trainer Timmy
FC: 1693-1640-1271
#3bowser1985Posted 11/8/2013 6:55:48 PM
Magic Guard Alakazam gets Trick. Reuniclus gets it as an egg move and can have Magic Guard.
---
3DS FC: 0989-1990-8258. AC:NL Dream Code: 5900-2640-2836
Friend Safari: Excadrill, Mawile, Klang
#4TorchicBlazikenPosted 11/8/2013 6:59:10 PM
TheSaintG posted...
gengar can but so can reuniclus. the only thing is they can both trick choice items or assualt vest if they want to cripple them

Only Lopunny can trick Assault Vest.
#5Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 7:02:36 PM(edited)
Reuniclus is seeming like the only good option. Tried looking up trick and switcharoo and i could find nothing great unless i wanna use seviper or arbok to do it. Was hoping maybe that drapion could get switcharoo maybe but nope.

With reuniclus you cannot get the healing in the mean time but i guess it would allow you to cripple a gliscor pretty well. Although it would still be better with a poison type.
---
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "
#6MetleonPosted 11/8/2013 7:01:36 PM
Honestly, just use Toxic (or even Poisonpowder, which is one of the worst moves in the game).

What do you get from denying Leftovers and giving Black Sludge? 1/8th maximum health damage per turn. What do you get from regular Poison? 1/8th maximum health damage per turn. Sure you can't use it on Steel-types, but what you can use on Steel-types is Will-O-Wisp, which also cuts their Atk in half (which most Steel-types use for at least one attack).

Now you can deny more than just Leftovers with this, but Trick+any Choice Item cripples walls much better and Will-O-Wisp cripples Choice Band and physical LO users better, because the Atk loss more than makes up for the item's boost AND it even lets them keep their crippling side effect.

Will-O-Wisp and Toxic also have the advantage of being able to be used against Mega Evos, Arceus with a Plate, Giratina-O, and any Sticky Hold Pokemon.
---
3DS FC: 5257 - 9998 - 2632
Pokemon Y Name: Benjamin
#7Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 7:05:39 PM
Metleon posted...
Honestly, just use Toxic (or even Poisonpowder, which is one of the worst moves in the game).

What do you get from denying Leftovers and giving Black Sludge? 1/8th maximum health damage per turn. What do you get from regular Poison? 1/8th maximum health damage per turn. Sure you can't use it on Steel-types, but what you can use on Steel-types is Will-O-Wisp, which also cuts their Atk in half (which most Steel-types use for at least one attack).

Now you can deny more than just Leftovers with this, but Trick+any Choice Item cripples walls much better and Will-O-Wisp cripples Choice Band and physical LO users better, because the Atk loss more than makes up for the item's boost AND it even lets them keep their crippling side effect.

Will-O-Wisp and Toxic also have the advantage of being able to be used against Mega Evos, Arceus with a Plate, Giratina-O, and any Sticky Hold Pokemon.

The appeal of it is i have tested it before and i know it works it oddly specific circumstances pretty well. No one expects their gliscor or their ferrothorn to be tricked a black sludge and it cripples them immediately when you do so. I did it with a sableye just to toy with the idea of it and it did work in some odd ways, only problem was sableye pretty much had to trick it immediately and could not sit on it. I would love the opposite of that just randomly tricking it to something and abusing the healing on something. Sadly we do not have this yet.
---