This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will There Ever Be Another Pokemon Trading Card Game?

#1The_UndestPosted 11/9/2013 11:31:58 AM
I loved the original on the original gameboy. I don't think they ever made another, did they? If not it's time they did. I love card games but they are way too expensive to keep up with and now with online battles and trading, it'd be great. Does anyone else want to play one?
#2raze7186Posted 11/9/2013 11:34:18 AM
Ahh the golden days of wanting a holographic charizard card and trading so much to get one. Sadly after Yugioh came along the Pokemon tcg lost a lot of fire. Considering how the card game itself isn't as popular anymore an updated video game is very unlikely.
#3SalsaSavantPosted 11/9/2013 11:35:46 AM
In theory, that's what the Trading Card Game Online is for. Though from what I hear, it's not nearly as good...
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#4FurryyifferPosted 11/9/2013 11:37:04 AM
I think there was a sequel in japan but it didnt really add much and didnt get brought over
---
Ryuho, Playing Tales of Graces F
Forever in my heart.
#5MasterAdeptAlexPosted 11/9/2013 11:58:12 AM
Furryyiffer posted...
I think there was a sequel in japan but it didnt really add much and didnt get brought over

This is correct. There was a Pokemon TCG 2, but its not available in physical form anywhere other than Japan. If you want to play it so badly or see what it is about, you could always emulate the game.
---
"There is good in this world, Mr.Frodo.....and it's all worth fighting for." Samwise Gamgee in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers