This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good Lead Pokemon?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Good Lead Pokemon?
2 years ago#1
I just wanted to know what would be a decent Lead Pokemon, in general. Any advice?
---
3DS FC: 1461 6423 5325
2 years ago#2
Bump.
---
2 years ago#3
It honestly depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Some people use moves like stealth rock/spikes/sticky web right off the bat, others start out with a sweeper trying to get in a quick kill or two. A good thing to do is open with something that uses a switch attack like volt switch or u-turn, that way you can do some damage and switch to whatever you want.

I personally open with either a scarfed sweeper or a bulky attacker at pretty much all times.
2 years ago#4
Scarfed Rotom-W is an excellent and popular lead...one weakness = awesome
---
PSN: AKsuited FC 1203-9280-0168
2 years ago#5
Bumping cause I'm a bit torn. I'm leaning towards Wash Rotom but does anyone else have suggestions?
---
2 years ago#6
Bump?
---
2 years ago#7
i replayed this game 3 times because i had soo much fun on the journey, and my third time it ended up being a sylveon, which was the last pokemon i woulda thought would be my lead, now shes lvl 99 :P
---
Pokemon X! FC: 1177 6952 5293
2 years ago#8
Generally a faster Pokemon with a switching move, U-Turn or Volt Switch. Or a Pokemon that can set up entry hazards early. So Rotom-W, Galvantula, Jolteon, Tyranitar are some popular leads.
---
3DS FC: 0774 4302 3711
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Good Lead Pokemon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived