This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Old News Probably, don't care: Don't Wonder Trade!

#1RuwalkPosted 11/9/2013 7:04:30 PM
http://guardianlv.com/2013/11/pokemon-wonder-trade-beware-of-bad-eggs/

There were multiple articles this past weekend about it which is why I'm sure it's old news. But still. The fact that this glitch is still around and possibly caused by this is unnerving.

I personally have never cared if people hacked their pokemon and made them legit. You do what you want on your time. But this is the part of hacking that makes people absolutely loathe it altogether.

Looking at the forums on gbatemp it seems like Wonder Trade is the main way to test these edited pokemon out somehow? I don't really understand it, but it seems like the editor is in its beta phase. WHY would you include wonder trade as part of a beta editing program's testing? As random as it is this is when you do begin including and potentially ruining the game for those that don't want to hack.

I also don't want to jump to conclusions either though. I'd like to think that these are two separate occurrences as there's no proof that an edited pokemon is causing this new "bad egg" issue. But regardless these methods of testing don't seem right to me either. Couldn't there be a more guaranteed way to test the program without involving such a random system like wonder trade?
#2FuneralCakePosted 11/9/2013 7:05:39 PM
Wonder Trading doesn't cause this.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#3Paradox421Posted 11/9/2013 7:06:11 PM
Azure_Flame posted...
ONE PERSON ever experienced this, ON LAUNCH DAY (or was it the day after?), and it had NOTHING to do with WT and everything to do with either a faulty system or dying flash memory that caused the game to misinterpret checksum values.

---
3DS: 0834-0491-0623 (Pockets) Psychic - Grumpig/Espurr/Xatu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhKDnb8uLyk
#4TheError404Posted 11/9/2013 7:06:35 PM
Bad eggs showed up on release week for some players.
#5Ruwalk(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 7:07:28 PM
Paradox421 posted...
Azure_Flame posted...
ONE PERSON ever experienced this, ON LAUNCH DAY (or was it the day after?), and it had NOTHING to do with WT and everything to do with either a faulty system or dying flash memory that caused the game to misinterpret checksum values.

So then what does? And why does this current viewing firmware even have a wonder trade feature? I'm honestly not trying to say it's the problem, but it would be nice to know why the link was made in the first place.
#6JillipennyPosted 11/9/2013 7:08:36 PM
Ruwalk posted...
Paradox421 posted...
Azure_Flame posted...

So then what does? And why does this current viewing firmware even have a wonder trade feature? I'm honestly not trying to say it's the problem, but it would be nice to know why the link was made in the first place.

A faulty SD card.
ONE person provided undeniable evidence.
Stop getting your panties in a twist. WT is safe. >.>
---
3DS FC: 4768-8367-7045, AC:NL Dream Code: 4400-2193-5767, AC:NL: Naoto from Damcyan. Pokemon X: Naoto. (Have Pokerus! PM me.)
"Don't waste it."
#7Paradox421Posted 11/9/2013 7:08:52 PM
What we're trying to say is that this is a false report, and that there's still only one single reported case of this ever happening.
---
3DS: 0834-0491-0623 (Pockets) Psychic - Grumpig/Espurr/Xatu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhKDnb8uLyk
#8raikou68Posted 11/9/2013 7:08:56 PM
smh
---
3DS FC 0645 6748 2345
#9FuneralCakePosted 11/9/2013 7:09:10 PM
The link was made by misinformed people assuming things.

They figured that since hacked Pokemon can cause problems in other games, receiving one from Wonder Trade would cause problems in your own game.

However, as already noted, Wonder Trading has absolutely nothing to do with the Bad Eggs.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#10Ruwalk(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 7:14:24 PM
Jillipenny posted...
A faulty SD card.
ONE person provided undeniable evidence.
Stop getting your panties in a twist. WT is safe. >.>

Sorry if you mistook my questioning as me being aggravated. I'm not, I'm curious. The only reason I took to looking was because a friend of mine can no longer trade certain pokemon on Wonder Trade and he asked if I knew why. Not saying that this is related to that, but it did catch my attention.

The other thing I find really odd is that these articles are reporting this now (which would lead to my confusion, I assume). If this was just a release week problem why are people reporting it now?