This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Pokemon's cry did this game butcher the most?

#1MichaelollPosted 11/9/2013 7:16:16 PM
There is no right or wrong answer-- feel free to argue your opinion! - Results (172 votes)
Ducklett
2.33% (4 votes)
Dunsparce
2.33% (4 votes)
Farfetch'd
0.58% (1 votes)
Illumise
1.74% (3 votes)
Pikachu
73.26% (126 votes)
Mienfoo
0.58% (1 votes)
Ralts
3.49% (6 votes)
Taillow
0.58% (1 votes)
Volbeat
0.58% (1 votes)
Zigzagoon
14.53% (25 votes)
This poll is now closed.
As you may or may not know, most if not all cries of the pokemon found in the wild in Kalos have been given new cries.

Old pokemon have had revamped cries while the new Kalos pokemon (obviously) have new cries as well.

Some of the old pokemon, however, have had a major change in their cry. Which of the old pokemon's cries were butchered the most in Pokemon X / Y?
#2FefnirOmega13Posted 11/9/2013 7:17:16 PM
A poll where my opinion is one listed? Shocking.

They murdered Zigzagoon's cry in my opinion.
---
If you die around here, you'll burn so hard there won't even be ashes left.
If I want your corpse, I'd better take ya down here!
#3The_Shadow_LinkPosted 11/9/2013 7:17:18 PM
Why is Pikachu on the list? It's much better than before.

Instead, lets talk about why Skarmory isn't on this list...
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#4__Probably__Posted 11/9/2013 7:17:30 PM
I speak for everybody here when I say we miss you Exeggutor :(
---
B2 FC: 4084 7563 9736
0044-3919-7615 3DS (AC:NL, Y Helioptile Dedenne Zebstrika - Kanye West)
#5KonyunaPosted 11/9/2013 7:17:40 PM
Pokemon have new cries?

Didn't notice, too busy having Magneton's ruin my ears.
#6Michaeloll(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 7:21:27 PM
Ducklett~ Cry is extremely different from its original. New duck sounds added throughout. Barely distinguishable origin of original cry in its new cry.

Dunsparce~ Given a much deeper pitch so that its previous cry can faintly be heard under all the added static in the new cry. (Must put ear to 3DS to hear its origin cry)

Farfetch'd~ Given a deeper pitch and added duck sound effect which may come off as odd and annoying to some.

Illumise~ Given a much MUCH higher pitched tone that is harsh on the ears.

Pikachu~ Unique in which it says its own name. May pester OCD people.

Mienfoo~ The new cry adds a sharp tone ding at the end of its normal cry. Essentially, it's new cry was randomly given an added sharp note at the end for seemingly no reason..

Ralts~ Sounds like a deep, muffled filter applied over original cry. Not necessary..

Taillow~ Some indescribable odd effect distorts its cry form its original slightly.

Volbeat~ Given a much MUCH (unnecessarily) higher pitched tone that is harsh on the ears.

Zigzagoon~ I can't even describe what was done. I can't even hear its original cry in this new cry honestly..
#7SopherooPosted 11/9/2013 7:22:56 PM
PIKA PIKA

Sorry, I don't like this :(
#8GolurkcanflyPosted 11/9/2013 7:23:58 PM
I like all of the new ones.

*Raises flameshield and anti-anti-flameshield*
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.
#9rodman870Posted 11/9/2013 7:29:24 PM
Michaeloll posted...
As you may or may not know, most if not all cries of the pokemon found in the wild in Kalos have been given new cries.

Old pokemon have had revamped cries while the new Kalos pokemon (obviously) have new cries as well.

Some of the old pokemon, however, have had a major change in their cry. Which of the old pokemon's cries were butchered the most in Pokemon X / Y?

Well pikachu's winning because unless he hops out and shouts "Pika! Choo!" I'm gonna be weirded out by the cry.

What is it? Some weird electric sound like if you punched Deadmau5 in the throat?
---
I like tacos more than burritos.
I'm going to eat a taco, then a burrito. Get it right people...
#10Lord_ProsperPosted 11/9/2013 7:31:37 PM
Pikachu's is just stupid. Pichu and Raichu don't say their names, so it makes no sense imo.

Also I vote Raichu, they made its cry sound WAY weaker.