This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does someone want to explain to me how easy it is to get good Pokemon now?

#1Kazuma_YagamiPosted 11/9/2013 9:06:35 PM
Like perfect Ivs and nature and ability? I stopped playing with diamond and pearl and it was ridiculous trying to get good pokemon
---
This space is here only so it looks like I have a sig so my post are more noticeable. My posts look naked without a sig.
#2Dante2049Posted 11/9/2013 9:08:24 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67604326
---
Love me, Hate me, your choice. I'm me and not going to change.
#3ClassyOldHatPosted 11/9/2013 9:21:46 PM
It's gotten better, but even with the changes, there's still a lot of luck involved.

IVs: Legendary pokemon and Baby Pokemon found in the wild will always have at least 3 perfect IVs. Additionally, there's a post game area that has different Pokemon depending on your friends list, in which every Pokemon will always have at least 2 perfect IVs. Finally, the Destiny Knot has been changed so that, when a Pokemon holds it, five IVs can pass down from either parent when breeding, rather than the usual three. Taking advantage of all these changes leaves you with much better odds before, but as I can attest, if the Random Number Generator hates you, you could be held back for days by a one in six chance, even if you take advantage of a certain flaw in the game's RNG. Or if it likes you, all the perfect IVs will be passed on the first try.

Natures: After Black and White 2, the Everstone was changed so it could be used by either parent, and would always pass down that nature, no matter what. So beyond finding a parent with the nature, this part is now 100% luck-free.

Abilities: are kind of hard to cover all at once. Wild Pokemon, and the children of male/genderless Pokemon breeding with a ditto have a 50/50 shot at default ability. If a mother has one default ability, and the species can have two, the mother's ability has an 80% chance of being the childs.

Next there are "hidden abilities" which are found in rare circumstances that vary from game to game. These these have a 60% chance to pass down from a mother who has a hidden ability, and a father with a hidden ability has a lower chance to pass down the ability, and only when breeding with ditto.

So, everything has better chances, but only nature is completely free of luck.
#4Kabuto_YPosted 11/9/2013 9:24:44 PM
It's hard getting into the club of having good 4+ IV pokemon.

but once you're there, replicating the experience is fairly easy. I spent most of my night breeding tonight, starting with a single 4 IV Litwick and a Ditto (guaranteed 2 IVs from friend safari), and throughout the night have gotten over half a box of 4 IV Litwicks, and 3 perfect 5 IV Litwicks, all of which make great trade fodder for other 4/5 IV pokemon.
---
3DS FC: 2449-4620-4409
AC town name: 'Murrica