This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

** IV Breeding/Masuda Method Questions (inside) **

#1LontaBeansPosted 11/9/2013 10:39:31 PM
I have a few questions.

Masuda Question 1: Does it have to be Ditto that's foreign, or can the pokemon you're breeding be foreign to get the higher shiny rate?

Masuda Question 2: If the pokemon I'm breeding with a Ditto has 2 IVs, is it guaranteed to get at least 2 IVs from an egg? I think that's the case with Dittos, but idk.

IV Question 1: How many IVs seem good to put up for trade? 3? 4? 5? 6?

IV Question 2: How long does it take to get a 5-6 IV pokemon with 0 IVs on their parents?
---
[::[__]::] Playing) Pokemon X and Y (3DS)
[+[__]::] ~3DS FC: 1289-8495-8484 ~
#2FuneralCakePosted 11/9/2013 10:41:40 PM
MMQ1: The other Pokemon has to be from a different language game. It can be a Ditto or any other Pokemon.

MMQ2: Nope. Breeding with Ditto does not guarantee that two max IVs will be passed down.

IVQ1: 4 or 5, I'd say.

IVQ2: A long time. This is why it's good to have lots of Pokemon (Dittos help the most) with good IVs, so that you can pass them down to the offspring by chain breeding.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#3NessEggmanPosted 11/9/2013 10:45:53 PM
LontaBeans posted...
I have a few questions.

Masuda Question 1: Does it have to be Ditto that's foreign, or can the pokemon you're breeding be foreign to get the higher shiny rate?

It just has to be two Pokémon from different languages. It doesn't matter if either is Ditto or not.

Masuda Question 2: If the pokemon I'm breeding with a Ditto has 2 IVs, is it guaranteed to get at least 2 IVs from an egg? I think that's the case with Dittos, but idk.

No. Without Destiny Knot, baby will inherit 3 IVs from parents, and 5 with. However, which parent it comes from is random, too, so there's no guarantee unless both parents have the perfects, and even then, they would need to both have at least 3 perfect IVs matching one another (so both mom and dad have perfect attack, defense, and speed, for example) to guarantee that the baby will have 2 perfect IVs at the least.

IV Question 1: How many IVs seem good to put up for trade? 3? 4? 5? 6?

I don't understand what this means.

IV Question 2: How long does it take to get a 5-6 IV pokemon with 0 IVs on their parents?

Quite a long time. You have a better chance of catching a wild Pokémon with a perfect IV than you do breeding with two parents that have no perfect IVs, since the baby will be forced to take 3 imperfect ones from the parents. Catching, all six are random so you have about a 1/6 chance of getting a perfect IV from a random capture. In the friend Safari, all Pokémon will have at least two perfect IVs.

So if you're not swapping parents out, and just breeding with the two who have imperfect stats, it is literally impossible to get a child with 5-6 perfect IVs.
---
Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it.
3DSFC: 2750 1911 5515 (Boldore, Barbaracle, Corsola)
#4LontaBeans(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 10:47:05 PM
FuneralCake posted...
MMQ1: The other Pokemon has to be from a different language game. It can be a Ditto or any other Pokemon.

MMQ2: Nope. Breeding with Ditto does not guarantee that two max IVs will be passed down.

IVQ2: A long time. This is why it's good to have lots of Pokemon (Dittos help the most) with good IVs, so that you can pass them down to the offspring by chain breeding.

Thank you, good sir.

Does breeding 2 foreign pokemon together make the shiny rate even higher?

If so, would JPN and JPN work, or would it have to be JPN and SPN (example)?
---
#5NessEggmanPosted 11/9/2013 10:49:06 PM
LontaBeans posted...
FuneralCake posted...

Thank you, good sir.

JPN and JPN would actually be bad -- returning it to the regular shiny rate, because the Pokémon would be the same language. AFAIK it doesn't matter if both are different language from the current language setting or not, so just one foreign Pokémon is all you need.
---
Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it.
3DSFC: 2750 1911 5515 (Boldore, Barbaracle, Corsola)
#6FuneralCakePosted 11/9/2013 10:49:56 PM
Breeding two Pokemon from the same language, even if it's different from your game's language, will not increase the chances at all. It's the same as breeding two Pokemon caught in your game. In other words, the Masuda Method won't work.

Breeding two Pokemon with two different languages from your game (eg., JPN and SPN while playing an ENG game) also does not increase the chances from normal Masuda Method.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#7LontaBeans(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 10:54:56 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Breeding two Pokemon from the same language, even if it's different from your game's language, will not increase the chances at all. It's the same as breeding two Pokemon caught in your game. In other words, the Masuda Method won't work.

Breeding two Pokemon with two different languages from your game (eg., JPN and SPN while playing an ENG game) also does not increase the chances from normal Masuda Method.

NessEggman posted...
LontaBeans posted...
FuneralCake posted...

Thank you, good sir.

JPN and JPN would actually be bad -- returning it to the regular shiny rate, because the Pokémon would be the same language. AFAIK it doesn't matter if both are different language from the current language setting or not, so just one foreign Pokémon is all you need.

Thank you good people. Let this topic rot. :)
---