This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever lost a Shiny Pokemon

#1ThaxagoodnamePosted 11/9/2013 11:18:52 PM
In Fire Red, I had just beaten the Pokemon league and since it was one of my first Pokemon games,I didn't know what to do. So I did the only logical thing to do-go back to Viridian Forest and capture Pikachu en masse. After about three encounters of me not being able to find any Pikachus, something catches my eye. A golden Caterpie appeared and since i knew of shiny Pokemon, I got really excited. I went into my bag and to my dismay, NO BALLS. I went into denial for ten minutes wondering how I planned to catch a bunch of Pikachus with no balls. I sadly killed the Caterpie.

I swear that I will find a Shiny Caterpie and name it Saiyan Pride because my pride won't let me forgive myself for having no balls.

Tl dr: I didn't have the balls to catch a Shiny Caterpie in Fire Red.
---
NNID:Xahmir9001
3DS FC:0344-9828-2704
#2Absolutezero93Posted 11/9/2013 11:20:27 PM
I just killed a shiny ditto I chained early this morning. I was using my false swipe farfetch'd that had brave bird. I don't think I need to say the rest.
---
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare
#3FefnirOmega13Posted 11/9/2013 11:21:35 PM
Shiny Graveler.

You can guess what it did after it burst out of the Ultra Ball on turn 1.
---
If you die around here, you'll burn so hard there won't even be ashes left.
If I want your corpse, I'd better take ya down here!
#4AlgasirPosted 11/9/2013 11:22:02 PM
I accidentally fainted a shiny Growlithe in one of the GSC games. That and a shiny Duskull in Ruby are my only normal shiny encounters.
#5Missingno_MastrPosted 11/9/2013 11:22:03 PM
Shiny Zigzagoon in Ruby, and for the same reason, too- didn't hit me that I was out of Poké Balls until after I encountered it. Since then, I made sure to ALWAYS be well-stocked on Poké Balls of all kinds.

Also, a Shiny Ditto in Gold. Ran out of balls during the encounter, had to watch it Struggle itself to death.

And a Shiny Crawdaunt... in the Battle Tower in Ruby.

Oh, and last but not least, a Shiny Ekans in the Safari Zone in HeartGold. Yeah.
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://gottaglitchemall.smackjeeves.com/
#6RAcastBlasterPosted 11/9/2013 11:22:50 PM
Magmar in Silver. It's still a bummer to think about.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Y, Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299
All bow down to your Steel type overlords!
#7TutelarSwordPosted 11/9/2013 11:22:57 PM
I lost one because it got corrupted and turned into a bad egg after transferring it to White (It was a legitimate one that I caught myself in the wild). I didn't care too much since it was a shiny Marill, and I have for some reason caught a Shiny one in every generation since Gold/Silver/Crystal. And it wasn't my "traveled a very long time" one from Sapphire, it was just a Diamond one from the Safari Zone (which I panicked about when I didn't catch it in the first ball).

But I have never lost one because I couldn't catch it for some reason.
---
3DS FC: 2938-7055-6872 Friend list is getting full. Send a message with your Friend Safari Pokemon for me to add you.
#8AchanaPosted 11/9/2013 11:25:41 PM
Lost a chained Delibird because the balls I threw when it was at full health kept failing, so I thought my slightly under-leveled Chatot could take some of the damage off. With Fly. OHKO.

The chain broke two battles later because I took unnecessary risks, not realizing that going above 40 does nothing. I released Chatot five minutes later.

Also, I keep telling people this, but I'm still mad that I saw a shiny Nosepass in the Battle Castle.
---
Animal Crossing New Leaf Dream Code:
5600 2221 3961
#9Thaxagoodname(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 11:26:16 PM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
Shiny Zigzagoon in Ruby, and for the same reason, too- didn't hit me that I was out of Poké Balls until after I encountered it. Since then, I made sure to ALWAYS be well-stocked on Poké Balls of all kinds.

Also, a Shiny Ditto in Gold. Ran out of balls during the encounter, had to watch it Struggle itself to death.

And a Shiny Crawdaunt... in the Battle Tower in Ruby.

Oh, and last but not least, a Shiny Ekans in the Safari Zone in HeartGold. Yeah.

Yeah after my tragedy, I always carry 80 Ultra balls, Dusk Balls, Timer Balls, and most importantly Quick balls.
---
NNID:Xahmir9001
3DS FC:0344-9828-2704
#10verac31Posted 11/9/2013 11:27:03 PM
I've found four Shiny Pokemon in various Safari Zones during my time playing Pokemon. I failed to catch any of them.
---
There is a hell, believe me I've seen it. There is a heaven, let's keep it a secret.