This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever lost a Shiny Pokemon

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have you ever lost a Shiny Pokemon

User Info: Thaxagoodname

Thaxagoodname
3 years ago#1
In Fire Red, I had just beaten the Pokemon league and since it was one of my first Pokemon games,I didn't know what to do. So I did the only logical thing to do-go back to Viridian Forest and capture Pikachu en masse. After about three encounters of me not being able to find any Pikachus, something catches my eye. A golden Caterpie appeared and since i knew of shiny Pokemon, I got really excited. I went into my bag and to my dismay, NO BALLS. I went into denial for ten minutes wondering how I planned to catch a bunch of Pikachus with no balls. I sadly killed the Caterpie.

I swear that I will find a Shiny Caterpie and name it Saiyan Pride because my pride won't let me forgive myself for having no balls.

Tl dr: I didn't have the balls to catch a Shiny Caterpie in Fire Red.
NNID:Xahmir9001
3DS FC:0344-9828-2704

User Info: Absolutezero93

Absolutezero93
3 years ago#2
I just killed a shiny ditto I chained early this morning. I was using my false swipe farfetch'd that had brave bird. I don't think I need to say the rest.
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare

User Info: FefnirOmega13

FefnirOmega13
3 years ago#3
Shiny Graveler.

You can guess what it did after it burst out of the Ultra Ball on turn 1.
If you die around here, you'll burn so hard there won't even be ashes left.
If I want your corpse, I'd better take ya down here!

User Info: Algasir

Algasir
3 years ago#4
I accidentally fainted a shiny Growlithe in one of the GSC games. That and a shiny Duskull in Ruby are my only normal shiny encounters.

User Info: Missingno_Mastr

Missingno_Mastr
3 years ago#5
Shiny Zigzagoon in Ruby, and for the same reason, too- didn't hit me that I was out of Poké Balls until after I encountered it. Since then, I made sure to ALWAYS be well-stocked on Poké Balls of all kinds.

Also, a Shiny Ditto in Gold. Ran out of balls during the encounter, had to watch it Struggle itself to death.

And a Shiny Crawdaunt... in the Battle Tower in Ruby.

Oh, and last but not least, a Shiny Ekans in the Safari Zone in HeartGold. Yeah.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://gottaglitchemall.smackjeeves.com/

User Info: RAcastBlaster

RAcastBlaster
3 years ago#6
Magmar in Silver. It's still a bummer to think about.
Currently playing: Pokemon Y, Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299
All bow down to your Steel type overlords!

User Info: TutelarSword

TutelarSword
3 years ago#7
I lost one because it got corrupted and turned into a bad egg after transferring it to White (It was a legitimate one that I caught myself in the wild). I didn't care too much since it was a shiny Marill, and I have for some reason caught a Shiny one in every generation since Gold/Silver/Crystal. And it wasn't my "traveled a very long time" one from Sapphire, it was just a Diamond one from the Safari Zone (which I panicked about when I didn't catch it in the first ball).

But I have never lost one because I couldn't catch it for some reason.
3DS FC: 2938-7055-6872 Friend list is getting full. Send a message with your Friend Safari Pokemon for me to add you.

User Info: Achana

Achana
3 years ago#8
Lost a chained Delibird because the balls I threw when it was at full health kept failing, so I thought my slightly under-leveled Chatot could take some of the damage off. With Fly. OHKO.

The chain broke two battles later because I took unnecessary risks, not realizing that going above 40 does nothing. I released Chatot five minutes later.

Also, I keep telling people this, but I'm still mad that I saw a shiny Nosepass in the Battle Castle.
Animal Crossing New Leaf Dream Code:
5600 2221 3961

User Info: Thaxagoodname

Thaxagoodname
3 years ago#9
Missingno_Mastr posted...
Shiny Zigzagoon in Ruby, and for the same reason, too- didn't hit me that I was out of Poké Balls until after I encountered it. Since then, I made sure to ALWAYS be well-stocked on Poké Balls of all kinds.

Also, a Shiny Ditto in Gold. Ran out of balls during the encounter, had to watch it Struggle itself to death.

And a Shiny Crawdaunt... in the Battle Tower in Ruby.

Oh, and last but not least, a Shiny Ekans in the Safari Zone in HeartGold. Yeah.

Yeah after my tragedy, I always carry 80 Ultra balls, Dusk Balls, Timer Balls, and most importantly Quick balls.
NNID:Xahmir9001
3DS FC:0344-9828-2704

User Info: verac31

verac31
3 years ago#10
I've found four Shiny Pokemon in various Safari Zones during my time playing Pokemon. I failed to catch any of them.
There is a hell, believe me I've seen it. There is a heaven, let's keep it a secret.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have you ever lost a Shiny Pokemon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived