This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Possibly broken mechanic in Pokemon bank?

#1itzlowgunyoPosted 11/10/2013 12:34:27 AM
Okay, so this may be impractical and definitely would require a lot of time, but could a person theoretically battle their way up to a legendary in a game, store it in their pokemon bank, then restart the game over, therefore getting multiple legendary pokemon?
---
3DS Friend Code: 2879-1028-5844
Flying Safari- Farfetch'd/Tranquill/Hawlucha
#2RotomGuy3Posted 11/10/2013 12:35:13 AM
This could work with any transferring system.
---
My 3DS FC
Rotom: 3308-5985-4794
#3Dante2049Posted 11/10/2013 12:35:33 AM
i dont see why not. its "cloud" after all
---
Love me, Hate me, your choice. I'm me and not going to change.
#4laskalPosted 11/10/2013 12:36:13 AM
You can do that without pokebank
Find a friend and dump your copies of legendary to him restarting over and over. Until you have enough. Then trade them back.
---
Official Lightning's shorts and Selphie's panties of every board.
Official Kairi's panties and Aqua's shorts of KH3 board.
#5itzlowgunyo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 12:36:26 AM
RotomGuy3 posted...
This could work with any transferring system.

Right, but this would make it easier on people that have no friends or only one 3ds, they basically just store the pokemon on there SD card instead of having another person or handheld to do it with.
---
#6MM125Posted 11/10/2013 12:36:38 AM
Well yeah. The only problem is that most people have lives, and farming legendaries like that takes forever.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#7itzlowgunyo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 12:38:01 AM
laskal posted...
Find a friend and dump your copies of legendary to him restarting over and over. Until you have enough. Then trade them back.

I was just speaking in reference to being able to do this with only one handheld. And what I want to know is, is your trainer ID cartridge specific, or would you get a new trainer ID when you start a new game? and if you keep the same ID, is there going to be something in place to keep you from having multiple legendaries with the same trainer ID in your bank
---
#8laskalPosted 11/10/2013 12:42:10 AM
itzlowgunyo posted...
laskal posted...

I was just speaking in reference to being able to do this with only one handheld. And what I want to know is, is your trainer ID cartridge specific, or would you get a new trainer ID when you start a new game? and if you keep the same ID, is there going to be something in place to keep you from having multiple legendaries with the same trainer ID in your bank

Why would they do such thing? What if you traded for those legendaries with shinies or something? There's absolutely no justifiable reason to prevent people from having multiple legendaries.
---
Official Lightning's shorts and Selphie's panties of every board.
Official Kairi's panties and Aqua's shorts of KH3 board.
#9tha_demon2004Posted 11/10/2013 12:42:12 AM
itzlowgunyo posted...
laskal posted...

You get a new trainer ID every time you delete a save file and start a new game
---
PSN: tha_demon2009
Playing Pokemon X & Y
#10Marcx629Posted 11/10/2013 12:42:18 AM
It's not really broken. Doing this takes time, and if people want to take the time to do it, let them have their extra legendaries.
---
In case of a Zombie Apocalypse, follow me!
3DS FC: 2535-4356-9059 Name:Marcx